• Register Today It's free!

ID sticker

Scaboza

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I have a 98 explorer sport (recently bought). was looking for the proper tire pressure. went to the drivers side door and looked for the sticker. No sticker. looked all over the truck with no luck. any ideas? if its gone, how do i find out the info that was on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 98 explorer sport (recently bought). was looking for the proper tire pressure. went to the drivers side door and looked for the sticker. No sticker. looked all over the truck with no luck. any ideas? if its gone, how do i find out the info that was on it?

This info is often included in the Owners' Manual supplied with the vehicle. imp

The pressure on the sticker is to low anyway, it was part of the problem with the whole firestone rollover thing. 35 psi is a good place to start, then you can do a chalk test and go from there.

Do you advise anything regarding inflating tires (cold) to higher than the maximum psi listed on the tire itself?

Some seem to me to have a lower max. rating than I would like.....35 or 38 psi, or so. My Explorer tires say 41 max. It seems related to ply-rating. imp

Do you advise anything regarding inflating tires (cold) to higher than the maximum psi listed on the tire itself?

Some seem to me to have a lower max. rating than I would like.....35 or 38 psi, or so. My Explorer tires say 41 max. It seems related to ply-rating. imp

no you shouldn't inflate higher than the max rating on the tire itself, that being said I have never personally seen a tire on an explorer that didn't have a max rating of at least 40.

Thanks for the info. The exp didn't have an owners manual when I got it. Found one online though. Everything just references the sticker, lol. Anyway I put them to 35 psi. Thanks again.

no you shouldn't inflate higher than the max rating on the tire itself, that being said I have never personally seen a tire on an explorer that didn't have a max rating of at least 40.

I would presume you don't work for that Goodyear Plant in Topeka, do you?;)

imp

I would presume you don't work for that Goodyear Plant in Topeka, do you?;)

imp

no, I do not work for goodyear, I've just had a couple of different explorers, bronco II's and mountaineers with several different sets of tires over the last 9 years.

Back