• Register Today It's free!

Im a noob

emilion505

Reaction score
City, State
Rio Rancho, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer XLT
Hey my name is emilio and im 15 and just started driving and got my parents 03 4d explorer xlt. When they bought this car they didnt really plan on going off roading so they got a 2wd. Im really wanting to turn my soccer mom car into an offroading beast but my dad is a duecher and doesnt want to help out at all. So i was wondering what i would have to get to turn my car from 2wd to 4wd. i have a ton of stuff i need to do to that car to make it into the offroading vehicle of my dreams but i figure this is of top priority. Seriously any advice given is a major help. Thanks

you would be better off selling it and getting a 4 wheel drive explorer. It would be wayy to much money and work. FYI the second gens are more capable than the 3rd gens so my advice to you is sell it and get a first or second gen and build it up.

cool thanks didnt think about that. i'll definately look around

Yeah you could probably sell that for PLENTY to get a nice 1st or 2nd gen off roader and then all the stuff you need to lift it.

Are you looking for something thats gonna look beefier and bigger? Id suggest a 1st gen, in my opinion, when theyre lifted compared to a 2nd gen, the 1st gens look so much tougher.

(if you dont know, 1st gens are 91-94, 2nd gens are 95-01, so on so fourth lol)

Back