jerking motion/ 2008 sport trac | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jerking motion/ 2008 sport trac

Ford replaced the 2 piece crimp desogn years ago. You probably still had the old design or they gave you old stock. Belive new ones are welded instead. NGK makes replacement but YMMV

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey fellas, 07 4x4 xlt 4.0
So I am having basically this same issue but between 25-35 mph under acceleration or basically always when going up a 20% grade or more. It’s a shudder that I would ignorantly describe as feeling like the torque converter skipping. Sometimes accompanied by a whirring or howling that sounds like it’s coming from the rear. Think I have the same problem? She sat for awhile and I only recently got her back on the road but before hand I never had problems like this. Thanks for any info.

sounds you describe sound like rear diff, center carrier bearing, or wheel bearings, have you checked those?
those symptoms combined with that sound make me think either torque converter slip or abs acting up tho...

first the i would do is check carrier bearing, rear diff fluid,Transfer case fluids and trans fluids then go from there

Thanks man. I’ll look into it.

Thank you
Fixed! I paid $800 to replace my spark plugs. That helped tremendously. They broke 3 plugs removing them. I am glad I did not do it. Still had a so called stutter. The mechanic reccomended a product called dr. Tranny shudder eliminator. And he did not like the transmission fluid color so he flushed the system and filter. The truck runs like new! Funny as I am posting this I see an advertisement for Fords toorque converter shudder fluid! Really

sorry for the late response but here is the verification for this. its happening to me right now again for 3rd time. after a super heavy rain 2 weeks ago started to get misfires.

Fixed! I paid $800 to replace my spark plugs. That helped tremendously. They broke 3 plugs removing them. I am glad I did not do it. Still had a so called stutter. The mechanic reccomended a product called dr. Tranny shudder eliminator. And he did not like the transmission fluid color so he flushed the system and filter. The truck runs like new! Funny as I am posting this I see an advertisement for Fords toorque converter shudder fluid! Really
trans flush on on 6r60 5r55 and 6r80 arent recommended because of an coolant bipass valve the flush will not get half of the fluid out. the trans has to be at 180F or higher to open the valve i believe.

glad ur fixed

Back