Lift Kits - Long Term - Anyone Have Issues? Please Share Experiences | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Kits - Long Term - Anyone Have Issues? Please Share Experiences

FL-Pirate

Reaction score
City, State
Palm Harbor, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 F150 Platinum
Hi, I picked up an '18 Sport in February and find myself doing a lot of light off road on the weekends while training and running my dog. I'm about to lift it and put a slightly larger tire on it but wanted to hear from anyone who's put some miles on a lifted 5th gen both positive and negative as I drive a LOT of miles to and from training and Hunt Tests. Pics for Attention...

IMG_3481_zps2sslwpsh.jpg

IMG_3322_zps5rhesz94.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

bumping because i'm curious as well.

Curious too
Just 1 or 2 inches more.
Will it affect my ESP?
It may if a powertrain part or an other part was deemed to have failed because of the lift. Best to read the part titled Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification in the what is not covered part in your Warranty Guide brochure..

Peter

I’ve had mine (Traxda) for about a month now and I found this thread when looking for a way to adjust the camber/caster. I’ve found nothing yet. Any ideas?
I’m speculating in the long term the drive axles will go, due to the new rumble we have. When these go I’ll look for lifetime warranty axles. Cheers
16 XLT Fwd

Pretty old post but I've had mine on for about about 3 years now. My alignment has been great. I have mud tires on mine so it has a lot of rumble. The only major issue I had was with the transmission.. Had to have it replaced. Potentially because of the tires being so heavy but other than that, no major issues, even tread wear as well.

Back