location of keyless entry module on 2005 expl | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

location of keyless entry module on 2005 expl

resq302

Reaction score
City, State
Boonton, NJ (Morris County, NJ - 45 mins West of New York City)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer eddie bauer
Can anyone help me? I need to find out where the keyless entry module is inside my wifes 2005 Explorer as I was told in another thread that the original keyless pad code is on the deal on the module.

Any idea where to look?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford says...

It is located behind the rear left panel in the cargo area... You might want to call your local Ford and ask before you open that area up.

On the Gen 3 trucks it's behind the passenger side C pillar trim panel. There's lots of posts in here on how to pry the trim out far enough to get it.

I found the module today and got the code. The module was located right behind the pass. side rear door under the lower plastic paneling. The upper panel had to come off in order to get the lower panel removed far enough to look down and read the code.

Thanks for everyones input. We now have been able to enter our own 5 digit code that we can remember and have also put the factory code into the owners manual for future reference.

Excellent!

How did the check engine situation go?

The check engine light was a code for a high fuel sending unit reading. They reset it and said if it comes back on, to bring it back and they will check into it further.

My brother has a 05 Lincoln Avaitor, would the keyless module be in same location, the keyless stopped working?

Back