1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

My 1999 ranger wont go in 4x4 low help!!

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by brandon1999range, August 30, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. brandon1999range

brandon1999range New Member

City, State:
    gloversville ny
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1999 ranger xlt
    Hi I have a 1999 rlanger 3.0 5speed that will not go into 4x4 low range. when i turn the knob to put it in 4x4 low the 4x4 high light stays on and it will go in 4x4 low then it will pop out after about 10seconds.... then the 4x4 high and 4x4 low lights flash 3 times and i only have 2wd. I pulled the motor off the transfercase and i can shift it by hand and it will work and the motor seems to be shifting normal...
    What can i check or try?
    Thanks Brandon

Last edited: August 30, 2009
  2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.