My XSport is getting some new paint, | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My XSport is getting some new paint,

Thanks for the update. I think I will move forward with my plans to paint the molding white. Any further updates?? pics?

only thing i regret not getting painted is the black molding strip on the tailgate. been wanting to go back and get that painted white also

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the update. I think I will move forward with my plans to paint the molding white. Any further updates?? pics?

sorry no updated pics..

I agree, not raining on your parade!

Looks 'different' for sure, but I love my black unpainted plastic. The 'black' hides most of the crap thrown up by the tires, and no worries about chipping paint, or scratches. So much painted, and you forgot the ugly chrome handles. :rolleyes: :D
You're a brave guy to have it done to a 'white' vehicle, white shows all.
I could wrap my head around it on a 'dark' color like the grey I have, or black...

'Interceptor'? Explorer badging is too much for me. Why?
The edge of the hood is a bug collector, also I'd rather have my 3M clear bra.

Sorry, but to me, your '3.5 L TWIN TURBO' is too busy, especially with the other non factory badging on the hood.

Less is more.

Not my personal preference but it looks very clean and if you are happy then it's perfect.

I agree, not raining on your parade!

Looks 'different' for sure, but I love my black unpainted plastic. The 'black' hides most of the crap thrown up by the tires, and no worries about chipping paint, or scratches. So much painted, and you forgot the ugly chrome handles. :rolleyes: :D
You're a brave guy to have it done to a 'white' vehicle, white shows all.
I could wrap my head around it on a 'dark' color like the grey I have, or black...

'Interceptor'? Explorer badging is too much for me. Why?
The edge of the hood is a bug collector, also I'd rather have my 3M clear bra.

Sorry, but to me, your '3.5 L TWIN TURBO' is too busy, especially with the other non factory badging on the hood.

Less is more.

Really blows my mind that someone would actually take that much time to write some negative bs, who cares what you think sir nobody asked you squat. Some people on here have way to much time.
Really? Did the thread title say "Hey what do u think" NO, it did not.

Really blows my mind that someone would actually take that much time to write some negative bs, who cares what you think sir nobody asked you squat. Some people on here have way to much time.

I really like what you did to your Tri-Coat Sport. I was skeptical at the first post but that really turned out extremely well bro! And I really like the 3.5L Twin Turbo hood cowl decals. May I ask where you got them so I can install them. I love the INTERCEPTOR badging as well. In my opinion, the only thing you need to do is get those door handles matched in Platinum White and that baby is mint!

I do love my Platinum white Sport and I actually like the black cladding. But your ride looks really nice!

ETA: Oh, and could you post some recent pics of her at all (4) corners and maybe a couple canted oblique shots of the sides? I think that would round out your thread nicely!!!

In my opinion, the only thing you need to do is get those door handles matched in Platinum White and that baby is mint!

Getting the handles painted white could work, but I think you could also go with black handles to feed off the black trim of the Sport (grill, mirrors. etc.). I think if you had a Limited (like me) then the white handles could be a better match. But with the Sport, I think black would really set it off. Just my two cents. The most important thing is that you like it. I think it looks sharp.

Getting the handles painted white could work, but I think you could also go with black handles to feed off the black trim of the Sport (grill, mirrors. etc.). I think if you had a Limited (like me) then the white handles could be a better match. But with the Sport, I think black would really set it off. Just my two cents. The most important thing is that you like it. I think it looks sharp.

When I first bought my Sport I was wishing it had black handles to match all the cladding/ground effects but... After a week those Platinum handles blend in so well I wouldn't dream of swapping them. I really like your Sport! I think that SHO badge on the tailgate is a nice accent too. I mean, after all, it is a Super High Output engine that came right out of the Taurus SHO. What I am going to do though Deewan is this... I'm going to do away with all the chrome badges on my Sport and have them dipped in flat black & swap the blue oval for black ones... I think it will be a nice offset. This is after I do the Livernois 93 tune, upgrade the headlights to a HID system, and install some more power to the stock stereo and add a 12" sub woofer of course. It will be done by the fall. Then my Sport will be finished!

Wow, 'some negative bs' you say? :eek: lol
How bout 'an OPINION', my view point! Seems everyone here posted 'what they thought', no?
Just because I don't like your 'extra' hood badging, don't have hissy fit.
Never said I didn't like your ride, talk about over reacting...that blows my mind...
People post, people comment, it's a 'forum'!!!
Don't be so sensitive sir. :rolleyes:

Wow, 'some negative bs' you say? :eek: lol
How bout 'an OPINION', my view point! Seems everyone here posted 'what they thought', no?
Just because I don't like your 'extra' hood badging, don't have hissy fit.
Never said I didn't like your ride, talk about over reacting...that blows my mind...
People post, people comment, it's a 'forum'!!!
Don't be so sensitive sir. :rolleyes:
JETZ, you should feel free to give your opinion. As you said, this is a forum and people post. So here is my post. This forum is too allow people to share pictures, ideas, or things to help or inspire others. I find it counterproductive when others post negatively about the OP's ideas or actions. If you don't like it, that's your right and can be your opinion. But in a thread dedicated to showing others what could be done and what it looks like I don't see the value in posting all the things you personally dislike about it. Posts like that could cause others to fear posting their ideas or pictures because of the negative comments that one person may post because that one person doesn't like it.

The old saying from my (and I'm sure others) mothers, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" could have been used in this instance. Instead you may have given pause to others who have thought about sharing their ideas or pictures.

Honestly, the plastic molding is my BIGGEST beef with this body style explorer. My 2016 Sport STILL has cheap plastic crap everywhere. Ford needs to fix this. I may have mine painted as well. My 2008 X has bodymatched trim pieces and it looks FAR superior.

The plastic is cheaper, and it looks cheaper. The '16 is a nice cosmetic upgrade, but MAN they have GOT to figure out the trim/molding.

My '12 F150 has plastic above the wheels a little as well, but it is charcoal and harder to notice. The Lariat Limited model has them body painted to match and it looks FANTASTIC (Hence why it exists on the top end models).

Looks great sir. If people do not like it they can move on. To each his own. You are NOT alone.

Back