• Register Today It's free!

need pic and advice

98Rig

Reaction score
City, State
Stevens Point, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
so i got my right front wheel bearing changed at a dealership cuz i got a great deal and he called me to let me know that a stabilizer bar is broke, he described it as a 12" rod in the front that connects to the suspension. he qouted me 50 bucks and i declined it cuz i figure it was easy to change. i would like to see a pic if anyone is willing to jump under thier truck and snap a pic for me to see.

Edit: Is this for a third gen because I notice you have a 1st gen? Regardless, it's pretty much the same across all gens/cars, etc.

It's the sway bar end link. Super easy to replace;)

SAM_1777.jpg

he called me to let me know that a stabilizer bar is broke, he described it as a 12" rod in the front that connects to the suspension. he qouted me 50 bucks and i declined it cuz i figure it was easy to change. .
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

$50 to have the stabilizer bar done by your mechanic was an honest price quote. Figure $15-$20 for the part and $30 to install it, fair price! You'll save yourself $30 + the tax doing it yourself. Buy a quality part, not the cheapest one if you plan on keeping the Ex. BTW, the aftermarket stabilizer bars look different from the Ford factory ones. Ford's appear beefier built and the aftermarket ones look like a long bolt with a chincy metal sleeve that slides over it.

I would also suggest doing both sides while you are at it,i just had to replace one of mine and they were only like 13 bucks a peice and took about half hour to replace.

Back