New Mustang Concept!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Mustang Concept!!

Dead Link Removed

:p :p Beat ya to it :p :p :p :cool:

It is a cool car though. Personally, I'd like it better without the glass top.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt they will have a glass top. But why wouldn't you want that. I would like to have a glass top in the X just like in Jurrassic park.

The production version looks even better! Remember that the concepts are only 2-seaters.

The coupe version resembles the red Stang I posted in another thread. "Blichy" has also has seen the red Stang I posted from Ford that was shown to him. The coupe is pretty much on track, the convertable needs a lot of work cause its blahh, go onto Stangnet or Corral and you'll see maybe one or two last time I went throught their concept threads that actually liked the Vert' out of all the posts.

These are still concepts, and as you'll notice these are only 2-seaters, May's himself has said the next Stang will still be a 4-seater sports car and obviously will contain only styling cues from the concepts.. The engine is just the 03' Cobra engine they dropped in for the concept.

Remember the Mach III stang concept from 93' that was supposed to be the next Mustang (SN95 model ect) yet the production version contained only about 1 styling cue. We didn't see that supercharged dohc engine for about 10yrs untill the 03' Cobra.

If they produce the coupe with whatever they mod it to look like for production models, and it closely resembles the red fastback and silver fastback, you can bet it'll be parked in my driveway.

A few other things, Ford is designing new 3 valve heads for the GT so they can bump power up to 300+hp range and an equal amount of tq. May's has also said you will have an option for IRS or a live axle in the rear. They are going to bump up the power of the Cobra engine but remember that engine is still underrated, it puts out around 420hp at the flywheel instead of 390hp based on everyones dynoes like my friends. The dohc 5.0 will 1st appear in a specialty model, obviously the Boss 302, then the 4.6 will be faded out for the 5.0 to replace it. And don't plan on seeing 20" rims for production lol.

I like it.

They should only change the fog light combo and put a cover on the headlights to make it work.

I wouldn't want the glass top for a couple of reasons. One is it would be as expensive as hell to repace when some a**hole breaks it because he thinks it's funny (yeah, insurance would probably cover it, but there's still a deductible and the hassle). A second reason is structural rigidity. I highly doubt the car will be anything but a unibody, and having a glass top will definitely hurt the rigidity to some degree unless they frame it all the way around, and that would look kinda silly. A third reason would be problems with the sun bothering your vision unless it's auto-darkening glass. At least with a convertible you can put the top up. 4th, what's it gonna look like in 5-10 years?? How many scratches do you have in your roof and windshield over that time period? I know my Firebird has quite a few gravel dings in the roof from other cars tossing gravel off the wheels.

Besides, I just don't like it (the glass top that is! I LOVE the car)
:p

:D

I like it!! I never was to big on the newer mustangs. This one looks like the old '68 shelby! When does it hit the showroom?

I always thought the mustangs were just getting uglier and uglier, but that looks great :eek:

i like it...at least the silver one. throw in some eleanor kit and it would be a fantastic looking car. an s/c 32 valve engine is also a plus.

it looks good, from the front. i like the gauges,... looks fast

Is it just me, or is there alot of Jaguar styling in it. Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of it how it combines the new with the GT350 and GT500 styling cues (mmmm Elanor).... but it looks like the two seater Jaguar fastback styles of late (I can't remember the series off hand).

I hope they make the hood scoops functional.

Dave

That looks real nice, but I dont like the spare tire being where it is.

it looks ok, but looks too much like the new t-bird to me.... i would rather have a mercury maurader, one of the new ones :)

I like it except the taillights; from the rear, it looks like a old Pontiac Fiero

seems I'm in the minority, but that is one ugly mother. The fact that it runs the mod motor makes it even worse, I'll keep the 5.0's.

:chug: :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Texplorer
That looks real nice, but I dont like the spare tire being where it is.

I doubt they will leave it there. I am sure it will be tucked in trunk like it always has.

Originally posted by donkey boy
I like it except the taillights; from the rear, it looks like a old Pontiac Fiero

Are you drunk! LOL :chug:

Back