No start condition. It doesn't crank. The starter doesn't turn over. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No start condition. It doesn't crank. The starter doesn't turn over.

Art Hovey

Reaction score
City, State
NB
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 5.0
Hi guys. I have a 2006, 2wd 3.0L auto Ranger. It will not crank. I have checked the pcm relay output which is good to the pcm. All fuses are good. Key on acc, no CEL and my scanner will not read the pcm. The theft light goes out on acc as well. No fuel relay and no start relay signals from the pcm. Any suggestion what to check next? I havent been able to find a 104 pin connector diagram to check the rest of the I/O if anyone has one. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the "neutral" safety switch? Make sure it is in "PARK" all the way. Try wiggling the shifter up while turning the key to crank.

Your thread was renamed & moved into the Ranger section. Is there an alarm system installed? Does your vehicle use a PATS key?
I'm not 100% sure on the PAYS key. The theft light flashes twice then goes out but when I turn to acc there is no check engine light which is kind of suggesting the pcm is not activated. That's why I was looking for a schematic of the pcm connector so I could measure all of those points.

Did you check the "neutral" safety switch? Make sure it is in "PARK" all the way. Try wiggling the shifter up while turning the key to crank.
I tried that as well because that's exactly how the tri8ck was acting but I can't even communicate to the pcm with my obdii scanner.

Try starting it in the neutral position.

check the MEGA fuse

Back