• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer No start when Hot.

Mike1867

Reaction score
City, State
Champaign, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer
My 08 Eddie Bauer won’t start after driving during summer months. Cooler days the problem does not happen. No codes. If I wiggle or unplug and reinstall start relay or PCM relay under hood it will start till next time I turn off vehicle. Things I have checked and replaced.
Starter relay
PCM relay
Wire connections to relay
Anti theft
Update software
New battery
Hopefully someone has had this problem and found a definitive fix.
Thanks in advance

My 08 Eddie Bauer won’t start after driving during summer months. Cooler days the problem does not happen. When the key is turned nothing happens.No codes. If I wiggle or unplug and reinstall relay under hood it will start till next stop. Things I have checked and replaced.
Starter relay
PCM relay
Wire connections to relay
Anti theft
Update software
New battery
Hopefully someone has had this problem and found a definitive fix.
Thanks in advance
More info It has V6 engine. 57000 original miles.

I fixed the exact problem on my friend's 03 explorer with 2v 4.6 but the principal may be the same for all engines.
In his case the CHT sensor (coolant head temperature) was bad so the PCM thought the engine is always cold and was dumping extra fuel to compensate for the cold start. He could only start it in the morning after it cooled down overnight. If he stopped on the way to work and shut it down, he would have to wait sometimes an hour to get it going again. In the winter, the engine cools down quicker. Hopefully, that's your problem.

Back