• Register Today It's free!

Noise and trans issues

jselph

Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, LA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
Strange situation here. 2007 V6 RWD Sport Trac. Under moderate acceleration I frequently hear a sound similar to a failing fan clutch and the engine seems to labor and trans shifts seem extended. Brought to AAMCO and they tested and said all pressures seemed good and that might need to have TCM reflashed. Took to Ford dealer and they claimed they reflashed twice with no luck and could not replicate symptoms. I went with shop manager on test drive and explained to him when I experienced the problem and he was able to replicate. They tore trans down and thought problem was planetary cluster but when warranty adjuster came they could not prove the failure. Now they tell me that they recommend installing a re-manufactured trans and warranty will not cover since they cannot prove part failure. Also have the dreaded driveshaft center bearing failure and item is on national back-order with no fulfillment date. Radiator was recently replaced but I can't recall if the noise/trans issue started before or after the radiator work was done. The vehicle has only 65K and is in, otherwise, pretty good condition, but I question whether I want to drop almost $5K on these repairs.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar, and what was the outcome.
Thanks in advance,
John

Back