• Register Today It's free!

PATS System

81mike

Reaction score
City, State
Mtvernon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer xlt
i recently replaced the pcm in my wifes 2002 explorer and now the theft light is flashing rapidly and it wont crank is there a way to bypass this and not spend a fortune getting new keys? thanks

nope you cannot bypass PATS
the whole point of PATS is to not be bypassed

You cannot replace a PCM without having it calibrated to the pats system or vise versa

so then i need to go to the dealership or is there a way for me to calibrate it myself? i spent 125.00 at wrecking yard for it if im looking at another 100.00 or so to get it synced up its almost going to be the cost of getting one new depending on all the stuff entailed ive seen guys online using resistors and such claiming its a fix but you cant believe everything you hear online especially the way people are purposely putting out misinformation just to have something to do is any of this worth a shot or just take it on the chin and give ford some money? my wife loves her explorer and prior to the recent problems its been a good vehicle for her just trying to save a buck but trying a bunch of "quick fixes" that may or may not work is kinda defeating the purpose of not throwing my money away thanks for the feedback

Back