power petals and memory seats issue? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power petals and memory seats issue?

jnynetwk

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
My wife just got a gorgous Ginger Ale 2013 Explorer fully decked out with all the options. I'm digging all the technology but for some reason the power petals don't move with everything else when we set the memory. We've set the memory buttons on the door as well as the intelligent key. She's pretty short so she likes the petals all the way up and I like them all the way down but they don't move at all when we unlock the door and get in.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that activates the petal memory? It says in the manual that the mirrors, seat, steering column and petals will all move to the right programmed position. Everything is remembered but the petal position. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I love the Ford!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Our pedal position is remembered when we set the seat memory. I am not sure why they are not being recalled. You might want to take it to the dealership and have them look at it.

Out of curiosity, are you pressing the seat memory buttons on the door, or using unique unlock codes to move the seats to the proper memorized position?

You should set everything the way you like it, and then press and hold the #1 Memory Setting Button on the driver's door. You will hear an audible "beep" when the setting are stored. Let go of the button.

Then have your wife do the same, and then press and hold the #2 (or #3) Memory Setting Button. Wait for the beep, and store the settings.

Then all you need to do is press (DON'T HOLD) the #1 or #2 button for each driver when entering the truck. Everything will move automatically for that assigned driver.

With the smart key you are supposed to just get in and everything will move (once you program the key after pressing and holding the number button, the pushing the unlock button within 3 seconds and the lock button 10 seconds later). I can't seem to get it to work no matter how I try to program it, although I only tried a couple of times to program it. Might need one of my techs to do it.... ;)

Never mind.... You need to push the unlock button on the remote PRIOR to entering the vehicle. I thought you could just leave it in your pocket.....

Mine does it as soon as I hit the start button but I have the easy entry/exit turned on.

Thanks for all the responses! We do have the smart key. You guys described the process I followed and is in the manual: set the memory number on the door, keep holding for the second beep - lock w/in 3 seconds then unlock after 10 on the FOB.

Everything else works as expected: the steering wheel moves, mirrors, etc. Just not the petals. I've tried unlocking by handle, key, even hitting the memory button on the door (just once) but no dice. Even after hitting the start button (which i thought might be needed), the petals never move on their own.

The wife is going to go to one of the technology classes the dealership offers to learn how to use Sync. I think we'll have to have someone there take a look then.

Thanks again for the help. I'll let you know if it was something simple. I'm glad to hear it works for most everyone else. I assume it is a glitch somewhere that they can fix.

Back