• Register Today It's free!

RECALL 06 Explorer

Bigkondor

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 XLT
Anyone else get the recall notice for the wiper motor. Seems quite a few were made with no lubricant in motor causing it to seize at worst moment. :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice to see that Ford STILL has not sold a decent rear wiper into the 4th generation now!

Not.

celly said:
Nice to see that Ford STILL has not sold a decent rear wiper into the 4th generation now!

Not.
Unfort. its the front wipers,not the rear.

I got that, and was taken care of with 1st service (free of charge, not the recall but the 1st service), and this year in the NW, we have had to use the wipers WAY too much...:confused:

I have yet to receive one although I just purchased my 06 X about 2 weeks ago.

So much for the best Explorer ever :rolleyes:

I wonder how many accidents this will cause and then they will get sued over :confused:

-Drew

it can't be THAT bad, the media would have a hay-day with it if it was, i remember by Escape even had this issue/recall, so with all the rain we have had this year, wipers work like a charm...

Got mine today. Has anyone had it done? How lond does it take? It doesn't sound like that big a deal.

Ford makes it sound like that - just to keep people calm. American manufacturers are having a hard time these days with keeping anyone happy :(

I got mine fixed saturday. It took about 45mins.

This is really stupid on fords part, 06 wiper moter, wrong lubricant,04/05 5R55E trannys shipped with the wrong lubricant, needed an additive to bring whatever they put in them up to merc V spec.
03 tracs shipped and sold with 0 lubricant in the rear diffs.
And people wonder why ford is losing market share?
Can you invision at the very end of the ford assembly line, a giant jiffylube building with 25 bays in charge of all vital fluids, I can.

Back