• Register Today It's free!

Removing paddle shifters

stillmarried

Reaction score
City, State
South Dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 ExplorerLimited 3.5L
The paddle shifters behind the steering wheel are in the way and not used in our vehicle. Has anyone found a way to remove the paddle shifters without having to take the entire steering wheel off? I was considering cutting the paddle shifters off, but wanted to see if there was another method available

Nope...to remove the fasteners that secure the paddle shifters, you will have to remove the airbag and steering wheel from the vehicle.

The paddle shifters behind the steering wheel are in the way and not used in our vehicle. Has anyone found a way to remove the paddle shifters without having to take the entire steering wheel off? I was considering cutting the paddle shifters off, but wanted to see if there was another method available
Keep in mind that by cutting them off you may be affecting the trade-in value down the road. If that is of any concern. I have them on mine to and never use them but don't see them getting in the way. In fact, I honestly never even notice them.

Peter

I have hit them a few time while I am turning a corner. I really don't understand the logic behind these. Look Dad I am driving a standard, no son you are not.

Back