Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I had created a thread on this, but it is no longer alive. Not sure what happened.

Does anyone have experience with running boards / Nerf bars on a 2016-19 Sport? They need to be black. I don't want the boards that stick out 6". They need to be lower profile, yet functional of course. I'm really looking for suggestions from folks that have installed what they suggest as I don't want to get into custom fitting. I want to bolt them up and move on.

Thanks,
Shumax

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had created a thread on this, but it is no longer alive. Not sure what happened.

Does anyone have experience with running boards / Nerf bars on a 2016-19 Sport? They need to be black. I don't want the boards that stick out 6". They need to be lower profile, yet functional of course. I'm really looking for suggestions from folks that have installed what they suggest as I don't want to get into custom fitting. I want to bolt them up and move on.

Thanks,
Shumax

You can get varying widths of boards/bars. Usually they start at 3" and then go up in 1" increments.

Hi. I have a 2014 Police Interceptor Utility and I am starting to shop around for running boards. I was wondering if anyone could provide pictures of their running boards/ nerf bars to help me narrow my search. I am hoping to find something that doesn't protrude too far from the vehicle. I apologize if this post is a duplicate, I have searched the forum but have not been able to find a post similar to this. Thanks in advance to any and all that comment.

Hi. I have a 2014 Police Interceptor Utility and I am starting to shop around for running boards. I was wondering if anyone could provide pictures of their running boards/ nerf bars to help me narrow my search. I am hoping to find something that doesn't protrude too far from the vehicle. I apologize if this post is a duplicate, I have searched the forum but have not been able to find a post similar to this. Thanks in advance to any and all that comment.
Your thread was merged with this existing one found with the 'Search' feature.

Peter

Looking to put side steps on a 2017. It seems all the ones I look at require drilling. Did Ford put stock pre-drilled holes? Or am I stuck drilling?

Thanks in advance!

Any long-term reports on the OEM running boards?

I'm using the Weathertech Mudflaps on my 2018 and there is still a lot of salt/mud spray on the sides below the doors. I don't care about the mud, but I want to reduce the amount of salt that gets sprayed onto the body panels and underbody as much as possible. Any ideas if the OEM running boards would handle the salt?

Back