Service Advance Trac warning and dash goes nuts!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Service Advance Trac warning and dash goes nuts!!!

sportzcrazy

Reaction score
City, State
Menomonee Falls, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
I have a 2013 Explorer with about 90,000 miles on it. The "Service Advance Trac light has been going on and off for awhile and the other day the dash lights all went off while on the freeway. I pulled off the freeway and the lights went back on. Several days later while driving about 35 mph the same thing happened. I pulled over and turned the ignition off and then restarted. The dash lights were back on. After the lights would come back on there were warning dings and many of the warning lights would go on. This was very erratic and unpredictable. Tuesday evening I took the car to the dealer. Wednesday afternoon I got a call from the dealer telling me they had no idea what was wrong and wanted to keep the car another day. Thursday afternoon I got another call. They still had no idea what was wrong and said they had called Ford but to no avail. Friday (today) I did not receive a call and when I called them the service department had already closed. Tomorrow I am hoping someone can help me. I am extremely frustrated. I have enjoyed my Explorer but will certainly look at other options if this nightmare continues.
Update: So now the Ford dealer has had the car over 4 full days (not including the week-end) and they are no closer to a solution.

I have a 2013 Explorer with about 90,000 miles on it. The "Service Advance Trac light has been going on and off for awhile and the other day the dash lights all went off while on the freeway. I pulled off the freeway and the lights went back on. Several days later while driving about 35 mph the same thing happened. I pulled over and turned the ignition off and then restarted. The dash lights were back on. After the lights would come back on there were warning dings and many of the warning lights would go on. This was very erratic and unpredictable. Tuesday evening I took the car to the dealer. Wednesday afternoon I got a call from the dealer telling me they had no idea what was wrong and wanted to keep the car another day. Thursday afternoon I got another call. They still had no idea what was wrong and said they had called Ford but to no avail. Friday (today) I did not receive a call and when I called them the service department had already closed. Tomorrow I am hoping someone can help me. I am extremely frustrated. I have enjoyed my Explorer but will certainly look at other options if this nightmare continues.
Update: So now the Ford dealer has had the car over 4 full days (not including the week-end) and they are no closer to a solution.

I have a 2008 Explorer EB and have had this problem for over a year. VERY Annoying.
I've replaced ignition switch (electrical portion), the starter and the alternator. Still does it.
If you hear of any solution, Please Post.
Thanks.
Jim

I have a 2008 Explorer EB and have had this problem for over a year. VERY Annoying.
I've replaced ignition switch (electrical portion), the starter and the alternator. Still does it.
If you hear of any solution, Please Post.
Thanks.
Jim
Hi Jim, The dealer had 42 error messages upon diagnosis and figured out it was a module under the center console. On the console is a round knob that sets the all-wheel-drive for snow, sand, rain, etc. The technician thought I might've spilled some liquid that got in and fried the module. I think he might be right as I know I have spilled beverages more than once. Anyway, everything is fixed and I am happy. I'm just not sure why Ford engineers put this knob right next to the cupholder.

Thanks for the reply, Sportzcrazy.
Mine is a 2008 and the 4x4 control is on the dash.
Was this a relay or an electronic module that was bad on yours?
Did your paperwork name the module?
Thanks again.
Jim

Back