Service Advance Trac/Collision warning/traction control/air bag warnings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Service Advance Trac/Collision warning/traction control/air bag warnings

SHUMAX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Some of you may remember that I recently had me EX in for service to the AC and brakes. The AC works at speed, but at a stop, it turns off. The dealer confirmed the TSB out there applies to this situation. Relative to the brakes, I still get a thump noise when I release the pedal from a stop, so they were going to look into that.

On my way to the dealership, I had the service Advance Trac, Collision avoidance, traction control and air bag warning lights come on. The first two were in the messenger center; the others were on the dash themselves. Could these be what's causing the "thump" noise in my brakes? It almost sounds like a pump coming on and off and NO it is NOT the ABS testing itself. I know exactly what that sounds like.

The dealer called today to let me know they can't get the lights to stay on long enough for them to capture the information in their computer. They are emailing Ford directly for information on how to repair.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Shumax

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! 900+ views and nobody has any thoughts? :eek:

AC: if turns off means blows hot, my mustang did that and it was the engine cooling fan not working. Enough air when driving to cool the freon, but when stopped no airflow... It was odd that the engine never overheated.

My guess on the ABS is a bad sensor triggering the ABS and causing the faults. Also acts like a bad ground/electrical connection.

Some of you may remember that I recently had me EX in for service to the AC and brakes. The AC works at speed, but at a stop, it turns off. The dealer confirmed the TSB out there applies to this situation. Relative to the brakes, I still get a thump noise when I release the pedal from a stop, so they were going to look into that.

On my way to the dealership, I had the service Advance Trac, Collision avoidance, traction control and air bag warning lights come on. The first two were in the messenger center; the others were on the dash themselves. Could these be what's causing the "thump" noise in my brakes? It almost sounds like a pump coming on and off and NO it is NOT the ABS testing itself. I know exactly what that sounds like.

The dealer called today to let me know they can't get the lights to stay on long enough for them to capture the information in their computer. They are emailing Ford directly for information on how to repair.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Shumax
SHUMAX,

I am having the same problem with the RSC, etc. Have you found the solution yet

SHUMAX,

I am having the same problem with the RSC, etc. Have you found the solution yet

In my case, they reset the computer and it hasn't come back on again. Now, since then, I've been dealing with a vibration coming from the steering wheel. Tied to that was the fact the adaptive cruise control went out, which also impacted the collision avoidance system. To remedy that, I needed an $1,100 radar sensor installed in the front bumper. GULP. It did fix the issue with the adaptive cruise/collision avoidance, though. Steering wheel still vibrates...

Good luck to you!
Shumax

Back