SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

After letting our Sirius expire, we were getting mail and calls and finally agreed to a three year deal with extra free months included that wound up costing $5.91/month

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just renewed today for 12 months. Renewal price was $175.01. Finally agreed on a total charge of $85.43, a few bucks cheaper than last year.

Mine is up dec 2. Latest rate letter is 144 a year. Should I wait longer or call?

Mine is up dec 2. Latest rate letter is 144 a year. Should I wait longer or call?
I think the only way to get a lower price is to call. My email notice from Sirius gave me a renewal price that would have totalled $197 with taxes and fees. While on the phone with them it dropped to $75 plus tax and fees and while I was thinking it over, I was told that if I renewed that day (has 3 weeeks to go) I could get a 1 year for $67.71 including all fees and taxes and it included Internet listening.

Peter

I think the only way to get a lower price is to call. My email notice from Sirius gave me a renewal price that would have totalled $197 with taxes and fees. While on the phone with them it dropped to $75 plus tax and fees and while I was thinking it over, I was told that if I renewed that day (has 3 weeeks to go) I could get a 1 year for $67.71 including all fees and taxes and it included Internet listening.

Peter

Agree w/Peter. I have been a Sirius customer for the past 3 years+ and always is best to call. Never do renewal via internet or mail, ALWAYS call.:D

After reading the last 25 posts, I'm starting to think Sirius thinks they are a time share presentation. the more you say No...the lower they go.

For those of you that just want the Sirius radio (not the travel link) the wife got a call about a week after hers expired and I heard her tell the sales weenie No about 5 times.

She got 6 months for $5/month, and I got a month (or at least 2 weeks) free on my car as well as a "trial" period

Thanks, I will be calling then a bit closer to my expiration next week and let you know how it goes.

Its not the $9, it is the $118. Based on my usage, $10/month is not worth it. I can get similar programing and features on the smart phone, which I did not have last year. I used Sirius mostly on long trips, so I can restart it when I need it. I am fed up with utility/service companies who think they can dictate price increases and we have to pay. We don't. I cancelled Netflix when they changed their contract too.

I'm with you I vote with my wallet. Demand should dictate price, and sirius/xm isnt doing great right now.

I'm with you I vote with my wallet. Demand should dictate price, and sirius/xm isnt doing great right now.
I agree. I was set to let mine expire and called to stop the auto charge to my account. After I explained it wasn't worth the cost because I really only listen to one channel and don't drive that much, the price plummeted from $197 to $75 and then just under $68 for a year. That included all fees and taxes. For $5.64 a month I took the deal. This is just for Sirius/XM radio and Internet listening which is all I need.

Peter

Man - you have to watch these guys like a hawk. Just completed a 6 month / $25 deal, I wrote the expiration on the calendar. Turns out they put it in the computer as 5 months, and charged me the "going price" in mid Dec. Called and fixed it, but clearly they count on you not paying attention. Still renewed again, this time officially at the 5mo/$25. Kept the TL +$2/mo. I think I will pull the credit card off the account though.

Man - you have to watch these guys like a hawk. Just completed a 6 month / $25 deal, I wrote the expiration on the calendar. Turns out they put it in the computer as 5 months, and charged me the "going price" in mid Dec. Called and fixed it, but clearly they count on you not paying attention. Still renewed again, this time officially at the 5mo/$25. Kept the TL +$2/mo. I think I will pull the credit card off the account though.

That's what I did. Took the card off the account and told them to call me for renewal when it was time for it. No automatic billing.

I agree. I was set to let mine expire and called to stop the auto charge to my account. After I explained it wasn't worth the cost because I really only listen to one channel and don't drive that much, the price plummeted from $197 to $75 and then just under $68 for a year. That included all fees and taxes. For $5.64 a month I took the deal. This is just for Sirius/XM radio and Internet listening which is all I need.

Peter
got the 3 weeks remaining letter, called them up, talked to the supervisor which insisted that their lowest anual rate is 85$. Did anyone recently managed to get a lower anual rate? She claimed that they cannot include internet with this price. She also mentioned the 25 for 6 months on music channels only.

got the 3 weeks remaining letter, called them up, talked to the supervisor which insisted that their lowest anual rate is 85$. Did anyone recently managed to get a lower anual rate? She claimed that they cannot include internet with this price. She also mentioned the 25 for 6 months on music channels only.

Just renewed for 6 months W/ Travel Link for $42. Included tax / fees. No (re)activation charge.

I never got a letter from Sirius saying my 6 month subscription would end....and tomorrow is 6 months since I purchased the vehicle.

Can I just call in and talk to them?

I never got a letter from Sirius saying my 6 month subscription would end....and tomorrow is 6 months since I purchased the vehicle.

Well of course you can......but why not wait until they deactivate it? I got another couple of months out of mine prior to them shutting it down.
I'm in the CE retail business so I just had my sales rep re-activate mine as a demo account.....get all channels for free....best price around!:D

I didn't get any notice after the 6 month subscription. I just called them to talk about a new subscription. As HughCares posted, you can just let it run out and see how long it takes to actually get cut off. I only received an email renewal notice after my 1 year subscription was about to expire. As per my post #122, the total cost with taxes and fees would have been about $197. I asked why U.S. owners were able to get a year for $77 at that time and they asked if I would renew if they dropped the cost to $75 + taxes & fees. While I was thinking it over, I was given a price of $67.71 INCLUDING fees and taxes + Internet listening so I took it. The thing was that I had to renew right then even though I had about 3 weeks left on my subscription. Will see what happens next time. ;)

Peter

Traffic & Travel Link

I've started to get the notices about my trial subscription expiring. I thought that traffic was part of Travel Link but it looks like there is a separate Sirius Traffic..... it all adds up fast. Has anyone managed any good package deals on music & traffic? Not sure I care about Travel Link.

my trial ends first week of March, so i gave them a call and first got $199 a year. when i said this was way to much they gave me a price of $86 + fees and taxes for just radio. I asked what's the total with fees and taxes and it comes to $107. still a lot for the little amount i listen to. hopefully i'll get a better offer after it expires.

Just renewed my subscription and got just under $92 for the year. This is after I called to cancel my auto-renew and mentioned that the price they were charging was simply not worth it since my wife only listens to a couple of channels. Compared to what I got last year, it's about $6 more - nothing horrible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I noticed every letter I get from Sirius has a different phone number...anybody know what kind of game they are playing? And how many friggin numbers do they have?

1-888-343-2496
1-888-261-7496
1-877-590-7234
1-866-568-4364
1-866-584-7474
1-877-986-7364

Back