ChuckyD

Moderator Emeritus Elite Explorer ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4Runner SR5
Ok, so I started to harass my gf for what to get me for Christmas and my birthday (my birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas)

Now, I have always wanted a nice set of wheels 17 maybe 18
But now that I am thinking of selling my truck next year, im not sure if I want to waste a gift on something that I may only have for a year...
What should I do, go for the wheels?
or get something else different all together? If something different then what?
I already have Xbox and I don’t use it very much so she’s annoyed about that cause she bought it for me... lol

BTW: it took some good convincing for me to even get her to say yes for the wheels because she hates to buy something for the X knowing that I will be gettign rid of it one day...

On the other hand, maybe ill just get another X and put those wheels on teh new one...
What do ya think???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get the wheels and if you sell it, just take them off and keep them for whatever else you get, hopefully it being another X.

If I thought I could get my girlfriend to buy me wheels I would jump at the chance to ask her.

NEW WHEELS !~!~!~!:D :D

just get the wheels... why do you want to get rid of your explorer? there isnt any problems with it right? just run it till it wont run anymore....

Man.. your GF gets mad cause you don't play the XBox?? Does she have a sister?

go for wheels, and keep your stockers. then if you sell it, slap the stockers back on and save the girlfriend wheels for new X (or 'stang, or whatever you have in mind thats 5 on 4.5).

I wish I can tell my gf what to get me for my birthday. She seems to buy stuffs I don't use.

Damn I wanna meet a girl that would buy me rims for an x-mas present. Go for rims and a drop then we can do shows.

gifts from my girlfriend...

tool cart
24 peice metric craftsman wrenches
24 peice standard craftsman wrenches
3 craftsman thumb wrenches
extension sockets for metric and standard
and mechanics gloves so my hands aren't dirty when we go out for Japanese once the mods are done on the car... :) (it's the little things)

just a few... my girls know what do get me. lol

PS

Go with the Rims!

if you want the rims and she agreed.. i say go for it.

i hate presents like underwear and crap like that. i always make sure my wife has a list of stuff i want. unfortunately, her parents ALWAYS get me new clothes for work. oh well...

Originally posted by section525
Man.. your GF gets mad cause you don't play the XBox?? Does she have a sister?

heh, my gf gets annoyed that i dont play my ps2. (she was the one that bought it for me last year, and i dont really have much free time anymore.)

Isn't her love enough? You're right, it isn't. Go with the rims. Hehe.

LMAO

Look what i found...
$69 at http://www.cruisin-gold.com/

WOW
I wonder if i would have a problem with those fitting.

Tbomb, dont you have those? how big is the center?

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 151

Originally posted by ChuckyD

Tbomb, dont you have those? how big is the center?

nope, those arent mine. mine are the enkei rt/6's. you might wanna check out the enkei webpage (www.enkei.com) they make excellent wheels, and theyre not expensive either, and they have a decent selection of cool wheels that will explorers.

Back