Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Interested as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes they emailed me a quote.

Product and shipping costs total US $1640

is what they quoted me. dayaam...

power running boards

Yea its a bit rich for my wallet right now. especially since I have aries bars

wondering if there are any members here who have installed power running boards... was hoping to find one made by amp research.. but all i saw vids based in korea and china.

https://youtu.be/l9W5fqIepgI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zgpITPFEOqw
Welcome to the Forum. I've merged your post with this thread on the same topic. I'm guessing this is for a 2001 Explorer since that is what your profile show. This sub forum is for 2011 - 2017 Ford Explorers which are quite different although I don't know if that affects the item you are looking to install.

Peter

Wait on this, you might see something offered OEM with the 2017 model that will work for you.

17MY Order Guide, if it's ever released will give some details.

Welcome to the Forum. I've merged your post with this thread on the same topic. I'm guessing this is for a 2001 Explorer since that is what your profile show. This sub forum is for 2011 - 2017 Ford Explorers which are quite different although I don't know if that affects the item you are looking to install.

Peter

my apologies, ive failed to update my profile. i joined before when i was able to purchase a sport trac, ive sold it and bought a 2014 ex..

some 4th gen explorers came with automatic step bars, but ford discontinued using them because of mechanical reasons. But there must be a company in the US that can install some for under $1,000.

I would sure think so. I have looked around and not found any.. I saw adds in european moarket ( I have a friend in Korea) for ford advertised them and there is alike someone posted confirms it.

not sure of availability here in states.

If Ford decided that the design can not be manufactured to provide an acceptable life life cycle cost effectively, do you gentlemen think some company in Korea can do better? How many stop/start cycles do you think this contraption will last before it is permanently retracted?

slicky..
that is especially one of my concerns here in upstate NY. In the bad months up here they throw as much sand and salt together to leave pounds of junk up under there.. it is a full time job trying to kep it clean let alone something functional mechanically under there.. one of the main reasons I havent done it on my more recent expedition puchases.

If Ford decided that the design can not be manufactured to provide an acceptable life life cycle cost effectively, do you gentlemen think some company in Korea can do better? How many stop/start cycles do you think this contraption will last before it is permanently retracted?

i think its more of cost concern and overall design approach of the explorer, rather than service or maintenance concern.

if not, why would they equip 2016 expeditions w similar contraptions?

Adding information to the thread.
I live in Seoul and 2015 Ford Explorer Limited owner.
Many of the Ex users in Korea have installed the auto power step.
I have got lots of informations from the explorer forum so I would like to share my info to you as well.
As far as I know, there are two companies who makes the auto power step, Autostep and Broszen.
Here's the link for two companies.
Auto step: http://www.autostep.net
Broszen: http://btypenine.wix.com/broszen

link to the videos: https://www.google.co.kr/#q=익스플로러+브로스젠+

From what I've heard, the engineers at the Auto step had some problems with the owner so they quit their job and found a company called Broszen.
For the functional wise they are pretty much similar and they work with Ex remote keys.
The price range is around $1500~1700. I think the installation fee is included in the price.
If the quote you've got includes shipping, I think the price isn't so bad. But if not, I think you need to consider the shipping cost.

From what people blog about, there seems not that many issues with the power steps but some have problems with the LEDs installed on the auto power step.

What I've heard from a friend yesterday is that there is another company which will be launching auto power step with better safety function.

Let me know if you have any questions.

2017 Explorer Power Running Boards?

Hello follow Explorer owners!

Has anyone come across power running boards for the 2017 explorer?

if so, what brand and do you have pics/video?

thanks so much!

Pino

How tall are you guys, 5'6"? I'm 6'1", and there is no way I could use this. I would be tucking my head down, hoping not to hit my shoulder on the roof. :laugh:
Now if I had 4X4 pickup it would be a different story, but not on my EX.

Has anyone tried the folding/retracting step bars (similar to those on the F-150s and Expeditions) found on ebay (if I'm not mistaken)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

EGR USA 883638 Integrated Design Side Step Fits 11-17 Explorer

I guess I am proverbial screwed, been trying to find these and apparently the discontinued them. They are the best looking wheel to wheel ones I found and really bummed I cannot find a set. If anyone knows where someone may actually still have a set for sale please let me know.

Back