Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope nobody has them been discontinued. 2 sellers pulled them from eBay as well after I asked if they had them. If the guy for $792 has them he can keep them and his crack pipe that is outrageous.. I would like hem, but I am not crazy

I wonder why they discontinued them with so many 11-19 explorers on the road

Unless you want them for looks, they are a waste of money. Nerf bars on the 5th gen are just ackward to use. When you step on them, you are almost at the same height as the door sill. It isn't like a step up and step in. You step up and practically side step in. Very useless.

Yeah too bad they didn't have decorative sporty side skirts.. probably good I didn't find those running boards

I have a gravel road I travel now and again, I will just get the moulded mud guards and that should be fine. I was thinking the running boards would help keep crap off the sides... not so much actual running boards. I wonder why nobody makes body kits and stuff like that for these 2011-2019 pretty much the same.

Unless you want them for looks, they are a waste of money. Nerf bars on the 5th gen are just ackward to use. When you step on them, you are almost at the same height as the door sill. It isn't like a step up and step in. You step up and practically side step in. Very useless.
I bought Aries oval nerf bars for my '12 back when I got it mainly because the kids needed them to get in. They have held up pretty well over the last 7 years but are rusting around the plastic step plates where snow and ice accumulates. I think they were only $300 or so back then.

I bought Aries oval nerf bars for my '12 back when I got it mainly because the kids needed them to get in. They have held up pretty well over the last 7 years but are rusting around the plastic step plates where snow and ice accumulates. I think they were only $300 or so back then.

Wasn't thinking about kids but yes, definitely could see that with young ones.

O ordered a set of the moulded guards. They should do the job and won't detract from the overall look. I did some searching, I am surprised nobody made any body kit stuff fir Gen 5 the Sport would look pretty good with it lowered and a kit. I only liked the EGR because of it's look not necessarily for an actual step. I understand your point.. sport not very high truck

Back