• Register Today It's free!

switched aux. power port

crazycoop

Reaction score
City, State
tulsa,ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt and 91eb
ok this is my first write up how to make your power port on the pass. side switched. things youll need a 7 or 8 mm socket, female spade connecters, wire, relay, and some quick connecters( what i used, you can use any kind) ok first thing to do is pull out the front half of the center concole. then cut the hot wire to the power port in half. add alil bit of wire to both pices of the hot wire with the quick connecter and put a spade connecter on both wires you just added. put the one on #30 and the other on #87 on the relay. find you a switched wire (i used the one that said acc going to my jvc stereo) when you find one use a quick connecter on it and run the wire down to #85 on the relay and put a spade connecter on it and then just ground #86 the 7 or 8 mm socket is for the small bolt that can be used to hold the relay
003.jpg

now by doing it this way the power port goes off and on with the x and still uses the same fuse that it used be for so you dont have to wrry about blowing up you stereo or poping fuses.

Back