Sync & MFT Restart | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync & MFT Restart

gsueagle2424

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
I called my local dealer today and they stated that I could restart these systems by disconnecting the battery and touching the pos & neg wires together for one minute....

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have done that on other cars. Doing so discharges the entire system, some systems have capacitors that will hold a small charge....

Have done that on other cars. Doing so discharges the entire system, some systems have capacitors that will hold a small charge....

ok. Just thought it sounded weird and wanted to confirm on here before I did it.

I called my local dealer today and they stated that I could restart these systems by disconnecting the battery and touching the pos & neg wires together for one minute....

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Touch the positive and negative leads together?

Are you sure about that?

My Dealer tech disconnected the positive lead for 2 minutes then reconnected and MFT did a complete restart.

Isn't it much simpler just to take out fuse #29 just under the steering wheel (over the break pedal) and putting it back in? Takes about 1 minute tops if you know what you're doing (done it twice because of bluetooth problems).

This way, you won't reset everything else in the car... only the MFT and sycsystem.

Back