• Register Today It's free!

SYNC restarting?????

TinMan4154

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
So I went on a couple hour trip today in my 16 Sport. Right before I got home I stopped to fill up with gas. Got back in the vehicle and before I could get home my SYNC restarted twice and I got the black SYNC screen each time which stated something like performing scheduled maintance. Is something wrong with my system or is this normal??? Kinda freaked me out when my screen went all black on me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it continues to do that, that is an issue. It rebooted itself due to an error...its a computer.

If it continues to do that, that is an issue. It rebooted itself due to an error...its a computer.

Thanks I'll keep an eye on it. Just rolled over 700 miles. It's got the latest software version and has had a recall performed on it. Seems like one thing after another with this vehicle.

Thanks I'll keep an eye on it. Just rolled over 700 miles. It's got the latest software version and has had a recall performed on it. Seems like one thing after another with this vehicle.

MFT performs a "scheduled maintenance" every so often when you shut down. Most times you won't see it, sometimes when you're shut down for a short time you will catch it. For the most part this is normal, as jmf061 said, if it continually does this while your driving then a dealer visit is in order. To know when a "scheduled maintenance" has happened, hit the voice button, when the help screen pops up hit the X to close it. This help screen will no longer appear until a reboot(scheduled maintenance) has been performed.

What recall did you have done and was it a recall or a TSB?

Its 15B32 and loads a correct version of TDI in MFT.

Back