• Register Today It's free!

This is garbage....

karter74

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Navajo
I'm sorry but this just kinda angers me, I love my X and when people post BS about how crappy they are, it just starts to p*ss me off. I also have a Taurus and thats how I found this thread. I posted near the bottom, attempting to stick up for us, but those losers think they know everything.....
http://www.tauruscarclub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=93998#93998

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Too bad he doesn't know (or doesn't want to say) what type of explorer. As it stands now I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen if I tried racing a kia with my 93, but it looks a lot better than any kia ever will and it's 10 years old.

ROFLMAO......................that guy publicly admitted to owning a KIA! HAHA!!

Robb

Originally posted by morrisey0
ROFLMAO......................that guy publicly admitted to owning a KIA! HAHA!!

Robb

Didn't Perry and Terri just buy a Kia not to long ago? :nono: :)

They should race the X and the Kia and see what is really faster:rolleyes:

that is lame, this guy has a lightweight car starting at highway speed, if it was off the line he would be rocked by the ex.

I set them straight over there.

Originally posted by Jason_25
I set them straight over there.

That's better. I liked the "tailight" comment the best:;

O.K. who is making fun of my Kia!??!?!?!?!?!?

I don't have to race the Explorer and Kia I know which one is slower. The Kia off the line is awful. That's the biggest complaint I have with the little SUV. As for how it looks I think they are boxy but until you ride in one you won't understand. There is plenty of headroom, and when you are in the back seat the seats are high so you can see out really easy. They are easy to get in and out of which is why I bought it. The one we bought of course was wrecked and getting parts you wait a couple days because they order everything but it is built really simple and parts aren't all that expensive. We are looking for a newer one and if I can find one then we will sell this one and upgrade.
The four wheel drive low is lower then the Explorer so you just put it in four low and coast down a hill were in the Explorer I have to use the brakes all the time. (Both are Automatics)
If he is looking for a web site for the Kia go to Dead Link Removed and you will find a site. (www.4x4wire.com)
I can't see how you can compare the two vehicles since they are completely different, but we like both of them. They both do the job we bought them for.

I just went and read that thread, what kind of drugs is that boy on?

He must have boughten one of those high performance Kia's. :D (which were never made)

Now I hope he doesn't find the Kia web site.

I actually know a guy who'se 6 foot 8 or something like that. They don't have a lot of cash, and the only car he could find that he could fit in for the money was the Kia. I agree with you, they have a very efficient use of space.

The answer to how one can compare the two vehicles, you can't. Thats like saying my Ferrari just beat out the UPS truck, what pride in there is that?

Heh I left a message on there. There ain't no way in heck a Kia can beat an X. I've been in a Sportage with a 5-speed, and they are a joke. My X is a beast in comparison. SOHCs can and WILL go quickly for what they are. Many people underestimate the power of the X :D

Guys, just let it go.

I know it upsets you that they're badmouthing the Explorer, but just let them. They're off in their little forum making fun of Explorers to each other. So what? So they'll probably never buy an Explorer. Which is probably for the better, because we probably don't want one of them driving a vehicle of our caliber.

If you keep posting to their thread it will just add fuel to their fire.

Just my 2 cents

Or ask the guy how his KIA would do in a race offroad, in deep sand or in muddy terrain.

Then watch his face trun red.

Most of the "Hey guys! I whipped a ______ yesterday" posts are BS anyways. WHo even knows if the otehr guy was even racing? It could have all been in one guy's mind.

Save the racing for the track or offroad course.

Originally posted by TDG
Too bad he doesn't know (or doesn't want to say) what type of explorer. As it stands now I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen if I tried racing a kia with my 93, but it looks a lot better than any kia ever will and it's 10 years old.

these people can't seem to get their facts straight.. thanks jason, you set em on the right track.

btw, when I dyno tested I found my speed governor to be at 106.. and with the way the speed governor kicks in.. its pretty harsh, so if you were running with someone when it kicks in.. you lose.. cos you slow down QUICK

Back