2002 Explorer before and after, painted tupperware and more... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer before and after, painted tupperware and more...

Ok here is the before with a camera phone and some slight body damage:
0218081613a-1.jpg

And some of the process:

0229081137.jpg

0229081137a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and after

ok here are some afters tell me if 640x480 is still too big? AFTER:

9.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

Can you resize your "AFTER" images? They're huge

and more stuff ive done

and some more after and random things:
10.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

Thanks Mr. P -- I asked because it was a bit difficult for me to see the images in their entirety, and I'm sure some of our users are going to be scrolling like I had to ;)

Really like what you did, it's what I'm in the process of doing. Great work.

Good job :thumbsup:
Looks alot better color matched.

yess it is alooot better, i have since lowered it slightly waiting to get the front dropped all the way, and i have black emblems...im planning on upper and lower billett grilles powder coated black, angel eyes and hid's for the headlights, and my cobra rims but i cant find a shop to machine them :p but its coming along....oh and one of those lund windjammers :D

You defenatley took more time getting rid of the tupperware than I did, I did mine in the yard ;) but it's really the way to go.
I like your headlights too, did you paint them? or buy a set?

beforeandafter.jpg

Cheers

Ben.

looks bad ass mr. p

yea

for some reason i didnt get updates on this thread so sorry about that, i purchased them off ebay from sabersports, great headlights, but unfortunately a week after putting them on i heard a rock hit the nose, and it nailed one of the corner lenses now it has a small cosmetic crack....i can live with it. Yea painting the plastic is the only way to go, i see alot of spot trac's with it painted and im 90% sure its stock, possibly the limiteds? how did you smoothe it out, the shop that did mine used a special plastic bondo stuff but you can still see texture on some spots....but i cant complain for the amount of work that was done to the vehicle.

i need to become elite so i can post more pictures lol

@RoadBully
How did you paint your trim? and did you have to get a lift or a body lift for those tires/rims?

@RoadBully
How did you paint your trim? and did you have to get a lift or a body lift for those tires/rims?

RoadBully is no longer on the site. I think he has even sold his explorer (not sure). I beleive he used Krylon Fusion paint, I read it somewhere on the forum. Doesn't look like he had a lift on there. The frame doesn't look low enough for a 3" BL that he had, and it still has the factory rake so he didnt have spacers on.
Not 100% sure though...

RoadBully is no longer on the site. I think he has even sold his explorer (not sure). I beleive he used Krylon Fusion paint, I read it somewhere on the forum. Doesn't look like he had a lift on there. The frame doesn't look low enough for a 3" BL that he had, and it still has the factory rake so he didnt have spacers on.
Not 100% sure though...
Sick! I have my 02 and the trim has seen better days.. I have the same gold color as Mr.P but I think I am going to try to paint it black. And I was looking at bigger tires/rims and saw RoadBully's setup and it made me think of possibilities

I have had really good luck with this product. I can take some before and after pics if needed. It really brings back the black or color in the trim. I use it every time I was my car and the trim looks like new. :D Its under $6.00 and is easy to use.
-b-surf-city-garage-black-max-vinyl-rubber-trim-dressing-b--1631-p.jpg

I have had really good luck with this product. I can take some before and after pics if needed. It really brings back the black or color in the trim. I use it every time I was my car and the trim looks like new. :D Its under $6.00 and is easy to use.
-b-surf-city-garage-black-max-vinyl-rubber-trim-dressing-b--1631-p.jpg
Hm I will have to check into that.. I am still trying to decide.

@Texas
That is very helpful.. and very cool.. That is swaying me to re-paint my trim and bring new life to my Exp!

Like I said if you want to see the results of that product I can show you some before and after pics. I was going to repaint my cowl panel but I decided to try some dress-up products and they work a miracle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nate, I'd like to see some before and after shots.

Back