Sold! Used 4r70w Transmission for 2WD V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sold! Used 4r70w Transmission for 2WD V8

I have for sale a stock/never-rebuilt 4r70w transmission with about 163,000 miles (I can double check mileage next time I go to my shop) from a 2000 5.0 2WD Mountaineer. I just pulled it because I'm converting my car to 4WD. From what I've read this transmission will work in model years 1998-2001, 5.0 2WD only. 1995-1997 I think has some electronic differences, but don't quote me on that.

With the transmission I have the stock torque converter, flex plate/flywheel (and associated hardware), wiring harness, and a stock transmission mount still in great shape. I also have the stock crossmember and driveshaft if someone wants those for whatever reason.

I want to be completely transparent, I have never had any issues with the transmission, but on an extremely rare occasion it will take a second longer than normal shifting from 1st to 2nd. It has never slipped out of gear or shifted harshly. I've changed the fluid I think 3 times over the years and it's never shown any evidence of internal damage, and I just drained it and the torque converter last weekend and the fluid is still extremely red and clean. The filter is only about 1 year old.

I'm looking to get $300 for the transmission, and I can help arrange shipping if needed as well. It's currently located in Santa Cruz, CA but I can meet someone pretty much anywhere in the Bay Area.

It's the one on the left:
F0FB4CF8-4344-42EE-9C65-30DFD2AC0E52_zps4m27ailf.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forgot I also have a spare 4wd tail housing for a 4r70w.

bump

bump, will work on price

Bump

bump

Bump, make an offer, I need it out of the way.

Bump, someone take this thing! I can arrange shipping if needed.

sold

Back