williecume

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt & 98 mounti
v8 in a focus conversion kits.

ford-v8-focus

looks like fun, but i think i would put a fuel injected v8 in. carburators would seem kinda tuff to pass emissions.

either way very nice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Geez! Seems like there's plenty of room under the hood for that. Hmmmm, a built 351 in a Focus? Can you say traction problems? :D :bounce:

If you could get all that power to the ground, you'd have a mini-beast.

:eek: Crazy, I wonder how much more heavier it is than stock?And they said that they didn't do anything to the suspension.... so they are running the stick suspension too!

i think they said it weighes 2500 lbs. the rear suspension is coil over shocks, at least if you bought the kit you could select that. the front i didnt happen to catch.

there was an article in HOT ROD abour the 5.0L conversion for it, you can actually but the whole kit if you want.

It may be fast, but still won't look that good. I would prefer to get the 5.0 conversion kit for a first generation Miata and at least have a real fast roadster.

good point, those miatas do look pretty badass for a little car, but i prefer a turbo charged one!:D

yea, but wouldnt it be cool to have some type-R civic pull up next to you at a red light, only to have your cam shake his whole car...

If a 5.0 liter Mustang rear end swings out under hard acceleration, I would hate to see one of those with a 5.0 in it :eek:

And it took us how long to get a IFS lift kit? "There isn't enough public interest to offfset all the R&D", if the ST hadn't come out so strong we would probably still be waiting. And they will go and build this thing? Geez...ricers.

unless they have some seriously sticky tires, I don't think there will be enough traction to even go half throttle:D And a 351 also, thats equal to no traction at all.

Did they strengthen the front end of the Focus? A 5.0 would put some force on that front axle, and a 351's torque I think would twist up the whole frame with a stab of the throttle, jeez if they get traction at all that thing has to fly.

Back