What gets better gas mileage? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What gets better gas mileage?

01Rockstar

About to buy my wife a truck soon. Im trying to see which one would get better gas mileage. Dont need to all technical just a rough estimate. All trucks have 33" mudtires and 3" bodylifts
2001 4x4 sport trac 4.0
2001 ford f150 supercrew lariat 4x4 5.4L
2002 silverado ext cab 4x4 5.3L

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After Consulting Google, seems the ST and the Chevy are tied.

I think they would all be about the same.

Get one of the EcoBoost F150s :) those things are pretty wicked

Go for the ST unless you need a fullsize. Do either of the fullsizes have quad cab like the ST? Cheaper all around.

Id go for the f150. Full size cab and all the power and toque that the ST doesn't have with the same mileage.

I was thinking I would get the f150. She loves my sport trac but I dont want to give it to her haha. Sge defientely wants 33s like my trac. I told her 35s will eat too much gas. Im thinking the f150 its fullsize quadcab. Im thinking it would be nice to have a fullsize again.

Full-size truck for hauling supplies and occasionally people.
Sport Trac for hauling people and occasionally supplies.

That's my take on it. Sport Tracs are more like SUVs - they have the advantage of easily being able to seat 4 people, and still carrying a small bed for hauling a few small items. If you need to do any "real" hauling like building supplies for a renovation, a full-size truck is a huge advantage.

Back