• Register Today It's free!

What would you do?

transam396

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 F150
Ok guys i've got a 04 F150 larait supercrew 2wd and a 95 T-bird both are paid for .

My first new vehicle was a 02 Ranger Supercrew EDGE with the 3.0 I LOVED that truck when they came out the 04 F150's my wife talked me into getting one.

That Ranger was probably the one vehicle that I loved the most was the only vehicle that i was completly happy with and didn't want to change a thing on it.

gas prices are going back up and its killing me the 150 stays in the driveway because i can't justify the 100-140 a week in gas to drive it back and forth to work.

What i'm thinking of doing is selling/trading my F150 for either another Ranger or a Sport Trac. If I go Ranger i have to have a ext cab because at 6'6 i'm not going to be comfortable in a reg cab. I like the Sport Trac because of the 4 full doors. 4wd is not a deal breaker one way or the other.

If you had to make a choice which one would you go with?

Unless you get a 2wd 4 cylinder Ranger with a manual trans, keep what you've got- you won't see any real difference in fuel savings from the F150 to those other choices...

I average about 17-18 MPG with my trac. It is a 4x4 with manual transmission and 32" tires. The autos get worse gas milage, I dont know what you get on your 150 but I'd be interested in knowing since I may buy one some time in the future when my kids get bigger.

Back