whats next? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whats next?

aldive said:
The aftermarket MAF not only will increase power it also increases mileage ( if you keep your foot out of the throttle ).

I cannot keep my foot off the throttle. It's just not in my nature. My mileage has stayed consistently down since I made the change to an intake, chip and exhaust. My Ex has never been more fun to drive at the same time :thumbsup: .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aldive said:
The aftermarket MAF not only will increase power it also increases mileage ( if you keep your foot out of the throttle ).
I disagree with both statements. Both were unchanged on my OHV.

celly said:
Well, 75 mm is only 7% more than 70 mm. ;)

Do the rest (j/k).

I assume you mean the increase in VOLUME, but you didn't do the math.
Your correct, and I stand corrected, I went with The Pro M because it is of all steel construction and is made for the MAC intake.
Am certain both the Granitelli and the ProM are both comparable

Attachments

• Mvc-003s.jpg
    Mvc-003s.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 107

huskyfan23 said:
I disagree with both statements. Both were unchanged on my OHV.

The discussion was concerning the SOHC engine.

let me jump back in,,,,,

The PRO-M is not a big winner in the cost = HP catagory. But if ya wanna make it go every mod counts to one degree or another.
The major reason I got the PRO-M for my Ex was the MAC intake. Sticking an ugly ass black MAS where, really a chrome one belongs.
But this thread is not about show but about go.

I have driven my Ex both with the PRO-M MAS and the OEM MAS in other wise identical settings. Better responce, better midrange and starts, better MPG.
Again I will add none of these are in tremendous amounts, but all were noticable and welcome.

Either way it is a heavy ass SUV with the aerodynamics of a Twinkie, how quick are they really gonna get ?

Agree with what monmix says 100%, but my heavy ass twinkie will be the quickist around( in my class)

Plus I love the look on the faces of those civic kids when this twinkie smokes him :D

MONMIX said:
Plus I love the look on the faces of those civic kids when this twinkie smokes him :D

I agree with you on the cosmetic front re: aftermarket MAF. I almost scored a Pro-M just because it would look better with my MAC intake. The black OEM MAF actually looks much better with my Volant. I know the Pro-M is also available in black, so maybe down the road. In all honesty, it took me a while to slip the Volant "rubber boot" onto the MAF. Won't be doing that any time soon!

I actually put the hurt on a ricey looking Jetta recently. He was revving up a storm and I dropped him off the light. Got up to a pretty scary speed so I backed off and he finally caught up and blew past me a little while later, driving like a complete idiot in the process. I got a chuckle as I listened to the ricey buzz of his coffee can exhaust tip and the green neons pass me knowing full well he wasn't sure what had just happened. ;)

i smoked a civic the other day. some punk kid in my class rolled next 2 me at a light and obivously didnt see the back of my truck with all the stickers for my mods are and i tore him a new one. he didnt think his civic was fast the next day

Back