Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wheel adapter to run 17” Rubicon Rim?

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by GodStang, June 15, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. GodStang

GodStang New Member

City, State:
    SC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2010 Explorer Limited
    I have a 2010 Limited V8 4x4 with 18” wheels. I want to switch to 17” and some KO2s. I have been searching the Internet for 2 weeks for a 17” rim and the only one I some what like is the 17” 2019 Rubicon wheel. You can find them everywhere for sell with or without tires for cheap. Without tires for $300 and with new KO2 tires for $1000 for 5 wheels/tires.

2 problems they are 5x5 instead of 5x4.5 and they come with KO2s that are close to 33”.

So the two questions are have anyone ever ran a 4.5 to 5.0 adapter? I know about the physics behind it and the added stress but are there any other issues? I would run the most narrow possible.

Also will a 33” tire fit without a lift with the adapters on? I would doubt it.

Any input?

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.