17" OR 18" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

17" OR 18"

HEY GUYS WHAT IS THE BIGGEST SIZE 17" RIM AND TIRE
AND THE BIGGEST SIZE 18" RIM AND TIRE THAT WILL FIT ON A STOCK 95 XLT 4X4 WITHOUT SPACERS AND AT STOCK RIDE HEIGHT I REALLY WANT 18'S BUT ILL SETTLE FOR 17'S.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

www.ExplorerExpress.com has Replica Cobra R 18 X 9 rims with matching 285/45 zr18 Pirelli tires. I'm interested in them too myself. They will run you about $1600 for the set.

For us in NY, we might be better off with 285/50. It will help absorb the pot holes on the road.

- please don't post in all caps, it is considered rude

In a stock height X, you will probably top out at around a 31x10.5". You can use this calculator to determine what metric sizes will fit with 17" and 18" wheels that are about those measurements or a little smaller.

sizes

sorry about all caps i was zoned out, but anyway what will fit better with no rub at stock height 285/45/18 or
285/60/18 the 285/60/18 i guess will put over all tire size at 31"x11.22"x18" but i was wondering if 11.22" wide is too much. and what is the correct offset rim for 18's with no rub.

I can't remember the offset needed (someone else will be able to answer) but most 18X9 rims for Mustangs should fit. As for tire size almost everyone on here with 18's, me included, run a 255/55 series tire. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Robb, thanks for the link to the calculator!

Back