Who has made kickpanels?

VairKing

Midwest-Xplorer Member
Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB V8 AWD
I seached and searched the site, but couldnt find too much, so im posting. Im going to be getting a set of components pretty soon, and want to make some kick panels. I am pretty good with fiberglass, and know a lot of the ins and outs, so if someone could tell me what they did that would be awesome...Pics would be great...I know its been done! Also, what size speaker did you use? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Ryan, why not just put the components in the doors and pillars? From my experience, speakers stuck way down in the kick panels usually don't sound that great. But maybe those that have installed them will prove me wrong.

Robb

I tried my component tweeters taped to the stock kick panels. I did not like the sound.

I have read a lot of posts that say the sound is a lot better from kick panels. I dunno, just thought that they wouldnt sell too many of them if they didnt improve the sound...They are like 200 new, i can make em a lot cheaper than that...any other opinions?

What sounds best is what YOU like best. I thought the sound was not a sharp and crisp mounted low, even mounted on doors. Sound is very personal.

Do what YOU like.

Good luck.....

Okay, who has made them?

I haven't made them but I can tell you that components mounted in actual kick panels do sound much better than mounted in the stock location... They will be aimed directly at your ears and be a little farther away from your ears, which is good for imaging. Mounting in the stock speaker locations will aim them at your knees, and if you have a passenger, then forget it. Mounting them to the stock kickpanels would not do much either... That would probably actually sound the worst out of the three options, because then they would be aimed directly at your feet! I didn't feel like dealing with trying to make them myself (it looks like a lot more work that I wanted to devot to them - I put all that work into my box), so I just shelled out the cash for the Qforms, but they sound amazing. Err, they did until my amp crapped out on me, but that is another story.

I would say to get some pics of the Q-Logic ones, and copy to the best of your ability. Also, you could get some factory ones and glue on a 6.5" (diameter) x 1" (wide) x 1" (think) wood ring then fiberglass around that cutting away the plastic under the wood, for the speaker. As for the tweets, do the same but rather than a ring make a creasent (sp?) shape, the you can move it where you want it.

Please post some pics when you're done.

Good Luck with it.

TTT Comeon, I know somebody has made em...

I know this does not help you much but this is the next best thing (pic below). Infinity mid's would never fit in the kick panels and a custom job would cost too much. Not to mention the amount of space it would take up.

234609_12_full.jpg

paul

ps infinity kapa perfects 6.1 (6 1/2in).

Back