Why arent 265's stock?? Looks so much better | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why arent 265's stock?? Looks so much better

AKbrener

Reaction score
City, State
Dickinson, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Why arent 265's stock?? Looks so much better *New lift pic too!!

In preparations for the BTF spacer lift I went ahead on got some tires installed.

265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler AT-S, they are used, about 50% tread left but couldnt pass them up. all four for only $80 (awesome used tire place by my house) Didn't want to start with expensive tires until I knew that was the tire size I wanted.

245's seem so small and undersized after installing these. Havent had any issues with rubbing yet, but we'll see how a tight parking lot does.

Did the lift last night. will get more pics later

Stock lift and 265s
20101221121949.jpg

2.25/1.75 BTF spacers
20101225111223.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks awesome man and i totally agree with you about the stock tires. and i love the color of your x :D

When I first bought my X the speedo was out by 6 mph across the board, 2 yrs later I bung on the 265's and now my speedo is bang on. Your X looks great with 265's.

Looks good. Reasons Ford did the smaller size was mainly cost and gas mileage.

and 265's rub when you go over speed bumps (fast enough). stock tires don't, and have as much clearance as there is suspension clearance.

go ahead and take off the running boards.. that alone will make it look taller

well the lift went on today. Looks great, started raining right as I finished so no pics yet, will have them soon.

I will be keeping the running boards for a while, its my wife's vehicle and she is 4'11"

well the lift went on today. Looks great, started raining right as I finished so no pics yet, will have them soon.

I will be keeping the running boards for a while, its my wife's vehicle and she is 4'11"

Can't wait to see the pics. :popcorn: Why don't you buy the wife a step stool for Christmas? Then she will have no problem getting into the lifted Ex. :p:

^^^^^ LMFAO :thumbsup:

Lifted pic in the original post!

Now that should be how they come out of the factory mate, looks F*****' awesome

Thanks guys, turned out real good. with the 265s on stock lift the tire edge was pretty flush with the outside fenderwell, but now that its lifted the tires still looked tucked in like factory.

Will be getting some 1.25" wheel spacers to help widen the stance a bit.

I would say I got a good 3.5" of lift

Grab the hub centric ones, they have a lip for the rim to sit on like the hub. I've only done 700 miles on mine, had them checked after 100 and no loosening of the spacer lugs. Easy to jack her and check every so often just in case (paranoid? slightly..) Handles like a dream now.

Grab the hub centric ones, they have a lip for the rim to sit on like the hub. I've only done 700 miles on mine, had them checked after 100 and no loosening of the spacer lugs. Easy to jack her and check every so often just in case (paranoid? slightly..) Handles like a dream now.

Did you have to extend your lug bolts?

Nup they have their own at that width.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Truck is looking good! I'm glad they worked out for you.

Back