Will a electrical Tranny Temp guage work OK? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will a electrical Tranny Temp guage work OK?

WannaXP8

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
I dont really want to or mess with running lines to a mechanical tranny temp guage, so does anything think that a electrical guage will work ok, like give me a close reading? Oh its on a 98 awd v8...heard bad things about the tranny in the v8s..just wanting to keep a closer eye on it..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use an electrical tranny temp gauge with no problems,

Taking care of your tranny is always a good thing... a couple of other things you might want to consider are:

complete flush and change to synthetic ATF
an external tranny filter

Good luck......

ok well since you are using one, you can help me figure out how to install it..can you give me like a write up on the install procudures?

Originally posted by WannaXP8
ok well since you are using one, you can help me figure out how to install it..can you give me like a write up on the install procudures?

My install is at Dead Link Removed

Electrical gauges are simple; mount a sender and run wires to the unstrument.

Good luck....

where do you mount the sender??

Originally posted by WannaXP8
where do you mount the sender??

You might find it useful to read the thread mentioned above,

My sender is mounted on the remote tranny filter manifold,

Pressure tap location

I'm just taking the A4LD out of my 92. When I got the manual for the transmission, I found there was a plug on the side for a pressure test. Seems like a pretty good spot to put the temp sender. If, you don't want to get involved with a lot of plunbing.

Back