• Register Today It's free!

Window Tint

tbish501

Reaction score
City, State
Issaquah Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Eddie Bauer v8 4x4
My X already has a decent tint in the rear and mid passenger seats... wonbdering if there is anyway to tell what percent that is and how close a tinting company could get it... just the front driver and passenger door of a 97' EB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the new tints have all sorts of colors... i have seen a bronze color that should match your factory color.... also, the stock tint is 35 i think... and the front windows have 50

the bronze color i saw at the local ricer place matched my stock tint exactly..... it all depends where you go... who you know... and how muchdough is in hte bank.. ;)

Well, from the looks of your picture, you have the black tinted windows. You can get 20% to match the rest without problems. The bronze ones are for earlier Explorers BUT some '97 have the bronze tinted windows so double check. If you have black tinted windows, your whole window is black, instead of bronze, which is also mirrored, in the middle and black on the borders.

woo! this hasta be the 3rd post like this I've seen, and results are still inconclusive, a few leads, but nothing permanent

jim I saw similar here.. theres a honda out side of some place here with bronze tint.. I think if you were to slap some black behind it. it'd be VERY close. I just added something inside my car the other day.. I'm feeling the burn.. gotta get tint or something.

i have bronze tint on mine from the factory =\ and when i wanted to tint mine the tinter said he couldnt match it... grrrrr..... so, to protect my stereo i went limo tint all around (even the back, thats on top of the factory tint)

i dont mind, infact i think it looks kinda cool with the two front black and the back mirror. i dunno maybe not, maybe thats why all the pics i post here the windows are rolled down :D :D :D

I did the same thing. Limo tint all around even over the factory tint. Luckily my Factory tint was black, and the truck is black so it sets it off nice.

limo tint

If you cant match it strip it :) I got 5% all around now, its not that bad during the day at night you just have to take a dubble look befor turning or changing lanes :) A guy on ebay has nice aura tint i got that from him, its realyl decent, but i have seen better, cant beat the price though. 1.50 a runnung foot. takes roughly 20 feet to do an explorer if you know what your doing, and if youre me it takes 36.

strip it? as in remove it? not gonna happen unless you replace the windows.. the tint is factory treated glass.. so theres no removing it, or at least thats what I'm told by the shops.

My brother is a MD state trooper. He used a light meter to test the % of the factory tint on my 98 sport. It came out as 14%.

i just got my explorer tinted a couple weeks ago, and i have the bronze tint.. the tint shop matched it perfectly, and put 35% up front, and 20% in the back (on top of the stock tint), and lemme tell ya, it looks DAMNED good

Hey Liqiudx9, You don't happen to know the type( brand/color/anything to help me find it) of tinting material the shop used. If you did that would be great. I'm trying to do the same, but came up short with matching to the factory bronze tint.- thanks

ill call and ask them, its really good stuff... ive got a lifetime warranty and it only cost 179 installed, all the way around, not bad if you ask me, and my truck is A LOT easier to get into after i leave it in a parking lot during these damned texan summers

id forget about matching it and just get some dark limo tint

Back