Zymol - amazing results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zymol - amazing results

Hello -

Just had to put this up there - I have a 96 XLT in Navy blue that had lots of little scratches and swirl marks in it. I bought a bottle of Zymol at Target becuase they don't carry Mother's anymore - wow what a difference - I am absolutely amazed. When I bought the trck I had it buffed and waxed (my neighbor is a detailer - it looked good after, but now it looks new. I cannot belive how well the Zymol covered the scraches and shined her up. I read a lot about Zanio - but have never tried it as I know of nowhere around here that sells it - I wonder how it compares - I wish I had before and after pictures. This Zymol seems like a great product to me - two big thumbs up.

My buddy just bought a 91 Miata - it looks rough lots of faded / oxidsed paint - we'll see how it turns out.

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use Zymol too. I am very satisfied with the results. It is very easy to work with and the shine lasts. It tooks out most of my swirling in the paint.

Tim

Even the Miata looks good - took off all the oxidation - even the platic bumpers look good -

Haha...PICS!!! :p

Ditto on the Zymol. I used it on my 95 Dakota (7 yrs ago). The results were great, but it was hard to rub off. I hadn't used it since then, but I recently bought a 2-pk of Zymol at Costco for $14. I used it on my Ex and Alero this Spring. I still got the same great results, and it seemed easier to rub off than it was 7 yrs. ago. I'll put another coat on before winter.

How do I attach the pix?

His Miata looks awesome - he bought it for $2000 form some woman down the street that is buying a new one - 16" wheels and tires go on tonight -

I would love a roadster like this, but my legs seem way to long - I can't get comfortable it in -

If someone can tell me how to attach the pix I do it -

Jeff, just send them to me. I'll host them for ya for a little while. My email addy is bchung4457@aol.com

so do you guys think the zymol removes the swirl marks or just covers them up?

This is what I use on my truck

I use Zymol and Meguiars and mothers what ever I have around. I love Zymol over all others because of the shine it gives my truck and even though it is a little pricey it is well worth every penny. I just love it and my buddy uses it on his Stang and he loves it as well. Definatly worth trying:D

Originally posted by Jason_25
so do you guys think the zymol removes the swirl marks or just covers them up?

Zymol or any other cleaner waxes will only cover up the swirls. If you really want to get rid of them, use 3M's Swirl Mark Remover. They will "sand" down the clearcoat just a little bit, just enough to get rid of the swirls.

I went out today and bought Zymol for my car because i have swirl marks and i put it on and it didn't do much of anything. I tried buffing it off and it still left a weird haze on the paint. What did i do wrong, the car was just washed and dryed so it was clean. I need a good wax that will protect my car because winters coming.

I also noticed that on my roof the owner before me must have used it alot because there are some major scratches up there. I noticed that one scratch had a part no bigger than a finger nail that has started to rust. Should i just put wax over it or should i get something done. I

I went out today and bought Zymol for my car because i have swirl marks and i put it on and it didn't do much of anything. I tried buffing it off and it still left a weird haze on the paint. What did i do wrong, the car was just washed and dryed so it was clean. I need a good wax that will protect my car because winters coming.

I also noticed that on my roof the owner before me must have used it alot because there are some major scratches up there. I noticed that one scratch had a part no bigger than a finger nail that has started to rust. Should i just put wax over it or should i get something done. I don't want to have any problems with rust. thanks

I use Griot's products. I've tried every product under the sun and they are great. Ferrari is their sponsor and if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

www.griotsgarage.com

They are EXTREMELY competitive, when compared to anyone else as far as I am concerned.

Zymol is tricky. They have about 3 steps that SHOULD BE followed according to Zymol

1. Washing - Use their Auto Bathe - $17.95
2. Cleaning - Use their HD-Cleanse $17.95
3. Waxing - Use the Wax (Carbon in your case, since Navy Blue in Color) - $31.95.

This is what ZYMOL themselves recommends. We're talking near 80 bucks here.

I used their "formula" above and was not all impressed with the results. I hopped from the Zymol "system" to Griot's products. Most people do NOT use the Auto bathe and HD-Cleanse. They use the Auto wash (completely different product.

Jay

YES - YOU ARE CORRECT SIR-

I have only used the Target Zymol ($13.99) - sorry if I misled anyone :rolleyes: - I really like that goop. It even smells good! It can be a bit finicky to remove and leave a real nice shine, you MUST use a clean terry cloth rag and after you are completely done - buff the whole truck again with a new clean rag and it will shine like new. Once my digi cam is back from the shop I will post some pix - :eek:

I keep running out to the garage to admire my shiny truck -

Back