• Register Today It's free!

How to lift

Murk

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT 2WD
So right now, my plan is to put 3" spindles in the front with a TT and SOA in the rear, maybe with shackles. I've come to the point where I want as much lift as I can manage, but I'm not sure what else there is to do besides a body lift, which I might do a 2". I drive the odd yeared 1995 4d 2wd. I've seen some Xs on here with so much lift, like 12". I think I'll be happy with the 6" or so that this stuff will give me, and with 35s of course, but I'm curious what other options do I even have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats about it just the spindles, SOA, BL, TT. you could do a solid axle swap for a ton of lift but ive never seen anybody do an SAS on a 2wd....wow thats a lot of initials!

LoL...I've been talking to him this whole time and my plan was to do exactly what he did with his Mounty, but I was curious if I could do anything else. Apparently not. Alwell, that's enough for me I guess.

believe me it will be big if you got all 9" of lift from all those options and then some 35's. you might even be able to get anohter .5" if you use fabtech ranger edge spindles!

you dont want to go any higher than 9''s trust me. The front creates brake issues that are a PITA when you lift more than 5'' suspention wise. I STILL havent traced them all down.

oh and you wont need shackles in the rear, the front probibly wont even high enough to match just the SOA anyway.

Where can I get my hands on a set of them spindles for my '97 Ex because 2' Rear and front is enough but i want more.

on mine similar to boomins.except i have 33's and also no Spring over axle in rear and 2 inch body lift also.

so I started with torsion bars. which gave me about 2 inches
then i did shackles. to even it all out.
then came the spindles which were about 3" of lift
and added 2 add a leafs in each spring pack. to level it all out.
then added a 2 inch body lift to alloy my 33 inch tires not to rub at all.
I am very happy with this although i would have loved to get 35's but maybe soon I will once i sell my 31" tires later this year.

It all is pretty simple to do.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 242

Bluetandem77 said:
Where can I get my hands on a set of them spindles for my '97 Ex because 2' Rear and front is enough but i want more.
i got mine from jcwhitney.com but i came as a kit and was pretty expensive,$650. i think a site called tsliftkits.com sells explorer spindles for like the 300 range

Bigger Spindles

Thanx Dude, That helps me out cause I have the TT and Shacles but I can't get It to go any higher. So what I want to do next is a soa and bigger spindles. Whose Selling Wheels and Tires?

Back