Aussie Locker for DANA 35 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aussie Locker for DANA 35

nissanboy said:
Bout time you got a locker... now you need 35's and youll be indentical to mine.

no i'll be better than yours, cause my cb works all the time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got that CB issue fixed... broke the antenna in half and had to redo some stuff. Had a bad ground for the antenna, it was picking up noise.

ok Update : 1 month of fun.

Ok my locker has been installed and driven about 2000 miles or so. In rain, snow, mud :). and anything else i could find. Right now i am at home in Michigan. driving on the snow is not an issue with thise locker. All my buddy's didnt believe i had a locker till i engaged it and crawled up the mound of snow in Meijers parking lot.

High Speed Driving. A couple of times on the trip to michigan i found myself doing 80-85 on my speedo (which with 33's and 4.56's is way off) no issues at all. No vibrations nothin. Which I got the vibration i did have solved (lost a weight off the wheel and didnt know it).

Conclusion : I love it. I will buy another Locker from Bill Cole and Offroadlockers.com (and a site sponser). Most Likely in feb or march for the rear of my x.

Any Questions on this. let me know.

are you concerned about the stock t-case giving up on you after you lock both axles?

only a little bit. if it goes early then i'll just swap in a manual. After I SAS the front in a couple of years (maybe). It will be manual transfer for sure.

Hey Zhanx

Do you still have the factory spider gears for the front D35? Can you part with them? Please PM! Need then very badly.

Chris

ummm i dont think i have every peice. Plus i hadto reuse the cross shaft ( i know that a few of the washers for the back of gears are gone but i have the gears themselves) plus monday i will be out of the loop till feb 3rd

zhanx said:
ummm i dont think i have every peice. Plus i hadto reuse the cross shaft ( i know that a few of the washers for the back of gears are gone but i have the gears themselves) plus monday i will be out of the loop till feb 3rd

I only need the four gears that the locker replaced. Please let me know if you still have those.

yes i got them just a sec i'll post a pic

btw you know that these are for a second gen?

you know these are for a sec gen not a first right?

here is a pic of them if you have an instant messanger pm me

Attachments

• IMG_0033_586x440.jpg
    IMG_0033_586x440.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 433

zhanx said:
btw you know that these are for a second gen?

ERRRRR! Didn't see that. Was in a hurry and didn't read through tthe post all the way. Just goes to show you things are too good to be true!

Thanks for the quick replies.

nak4af said:
ERRRRR! Didn't see that. Was in a hurry and didn't read through tthe post all the way. Just goes to show you things are too good to be true!

Thanks for the quick replies.

I am currently working with Bill at Aussielocker to get one that fits the ford ttb35..it will be there friday..the one for the IFS DOES NOT FIT..without HUGE AMMOUNTS OF GRINDING-found out saturday...

I'll post up and let ya know how it goes..theres a TON of people lookin for this for the gen 1 sploders and gen 2 rangers..

and it looks favorable for the install..just gotta do the C-clip eliminator spring..and that info will be included when I finnish the writeup on it...

zhanx...you got a PM

I needed to resurrect this thread. I have a chance to get a front and rear locker for my 1999 Mountaineer, which states I have a 1998 to 1998 1/2 front end. The guy is going to sell me the whole axles with the lockers installed. I was wondering what I would have to look at on the front diffs to make sure they will work for me.

I am thinking I will have little trouble with the rear, as we both have 8.8 Ford rear ends. But these lockers came out of a 1996? or was it 1994?

Anyways what years did they switch the front rear ends to the second generation?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as always.

Back