Supercharged V8 Explorers Where Are You ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharged V8 Explorers Where Are You ??

lowflyingbird

Reaction score
City, State
NewYork
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EX 5.0p
Hi,
I'm working on my supercharger install now. I know of some Merc. Mounties with EE Xcharger kits on them online. Since there are alot more Explorers on the road, I'd figure that there would be more of them who's owners also did blowers on them? But, I can only figure they are in stealth mode not letting themselves be known? If anyone is out there, put a mask on the front of yout truck to hide your identity if needed, and post some pis'c of what you got hidden under the hood.
I know once I have mine complete, I will do the same.
Thanks
Keith
aka Lowflyingbird
:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how bout a blown 4.0? I didnt use the EE kit but got the same results.
i_DSC01006.JPG

mine is a little more stealthy, unless you hear it....(its a little dusty too)

Attachments

• IM000972 (Medium).JPG
    IM000972 (Medium).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 505
  • IM000983 (Medium).JPG
    IM000983 (Medium).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 512

How much?

How much booost and HP gain? Did you re-do your bottom end?

Am I seeing this right? Do you have a turbo at the back end of your car? With Exhaust and Intake running the complete length of the vehicle? Does it also have an oil line?

Am I seeing this right? Do you have a turbo at the back end of your car? With Exhaust and Intake running the complete length of the vehicle? Does it also have an oil line?

it's called a remote turbo, and its nothing new :) www.ststurbo.com

how do you like the remote turbo how does it spool and turbo lag i would like to add a turbo to mine one question i have is why is it at the back why not right at the cats or something i know there is a reason just wandering why??/

how do you like the remote turbo how does it spool and turbo lag i would like to add a turbo to mine one question i have is why is it at the back why not right at the cats or something i know there is a reason just wandering why??/

a big reason is space issues. why try to cram everything in a tight space when theres a larger area behind the axle.

Back