• Register Today It's free!

Cool thing to do to your explorer

willys5555

Reaction score
City, State
Spring TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
I have a 1997 Ford Explorer V8 5.0L 2wd. I want to do some cool things to it but i want to have your opinons on what some cool things to do to it. I would like to do interior, exterior, and even performance. I would love to do cheap things but send me pictures of what ever you did and if i find it necisary i might do it no matter what the price ;). I would like to have pictures and a price of everything that you did.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A better bet would be to search through pictures of peoples rides and then ask what certain mods cost. Guys have posted pictures of their mods many many many many many times. Elite membership threads are good places to look. Plus what other people think is cool you might not agree. Also you should know which route your looking to go with your truck. Street performance? Speed? Off roading? Serious off roading? A mix?

It would be best to determine a budget. For some more power you can get an intake for around $170. Do a search for torque monster headers and torsion twist. :D

all i want is some good ideas as to what to do. i dont really have a budget set up. If it seems cool i may be able to squeez it in. :p: just let me know what you think is cool. just post it and if i find it interesting i will pm you or something. just sort of looking for unique or different mods that most people wont think of. i am sort of going for a mix. i definetly will never be doing any serious off roading because it is 2wd nor do i have the money to do a big lift on it. just want to know some cool things.

-Lower your wiper arms, it will give a cleaner look (free)
Will do approximately
wipercopy.jpg

wiper.jpg

-TT (free, except alignment will be needed) and lowering blocks ($40), bring-er down an inch or 2

As for performance, search for Mac Intake, or Torque Monster Headers

Back