Before & After... Big Project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before & After... Big Project

Here we go! First of all, sorry for my poor english.

Here is the stock pics.

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

It was stock in summer 2007, except welded rear diff and TT.

In august during a ride, I Hydrolocked the block, and it was the end for the 4.0L SOHC.

I bought a 1990 F150 with 302 engine and manual trans. It was supposed to be a little project, and keep IFS suspension...

100_0582.jpg

100_0583.jpg

But it doesn't stop here....

000_6223.jpg

000_6229.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

000_6261.jpg

000_6292.jpg

000_6291.jpg

000_6283.jpg

000_6280.jpg

000_6279.jpg

000_6277.jpg

000_6275.jpg

000_6274.jpg

000_6273.jpg

The truck isn't ready to ride, it will be ready before winter.

Leave comments!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:eek::eek::eek:
Oh dear lord.
And I mean that in a good way, man that thing is awesome! Looks like a monster, well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I thing you'll be happy to be rid of the IFS, you have a great looking sport there. What tire are you running?

:eek::eek::eek:
Oh dear lord.
And I mean that in a good way, man that thing is awesome! Looks like a monster, well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I thing you'll be happy to be rid of the IFS, you have a great looking sport there. What tire are you running?

Thanks

TSL Super Swamper BIAS 38x13x16

Dang! Thats one tall ting!
Outstanding work mate. YOu know all I want for mine is a body lift kit.....................Can I get one in the uk?
NOPE!

Looks great! However, I would probably take off the body lift to keep the center of gravity a little lower, and reinforce the red circled part (front leaf spring bracket) on the pic.

Attachments

• expo.jpg
    expo.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,663

As I said before, the front suspension isn't completed yet, It was temporary brackets.

And for the body lift, I can't remove it, I installed this to clear the intake on the engine, it was 3'' too high. And I don't want to drop it, I want to keep it flatbelly.

Badass! Thats an original idea for a tire carrier! :cool: :thumbsup:

Can you post some more detailed pictures of your front spring mount? Did you have to extend the frame rail or are you at the very end of it?

edit:

And I think you need a bigger tow vehicle...lol

wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...i think that is all that can be said...that thing is amazing...all of it....wow!!!!!! :notworthy

edit: did you make the rear bumper higher for a better approach angle? because it looks like it's higher than it should be

wow thats a huge lift kit on that sport how many inch lift

First, sorry for my language :p:

Badass! Thats an original idea for a tire carrier! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks

Can you post some more detailed pictures of your front spring mount? Did you have to extend the frame rail or are you at the very end of it?

edit:

And I think you need a bigger tow vehicle...lol

I don't have other pics of the spring mount, but it's at the end of the frame rail.

wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...wow...i think that is all that can be said...that thing is amazing...all of it....wow!!!!!! :notworthy

edit: did you make the rear bumper higher for a better approach angle? because it looks like it's higher than it should be

Yes, it's higher for the approach angle.

wow thats a huge lift kit on that sport how many inch lift

Don't know the exact lift, but it's SOA and 3'' bodylift so I think something like 7'' of lift, but I will lower it a little bit, 1 or 2 inch lower.

100_0994.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ahh! I see that the hinge bushings for the original driver's door failed on your grand cherokee and since the hinges are welded to the door you were forced to switch out your driver's door for another one. This is all too common.

and btw sweet explorer. good work.

100_0994.jpg

Ahh! I see that the hinge bushings for the original driver's door failed on your grand cherokee and since the hinges are welded to the door you were forced to switch out your driver's door for another one. This is all too common.

and btw sweet explorer. good work.

Not exactly... the previous owner of the ZJ, hit his garage wall with the door open..... :thumbdwn: :D

And thanks for the comment! :)

Finally, Dana60 is coming for the front, and 42'' TSL eventually ;)

And Lincoln locker front and rear

It will be hard to break it :p:

That is so sick!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Goodness!

How do you get in? :eek:

That is a serious rig! :thumbsup:
:notworthy:notworthy:chug:

Back