Other:
-Optima red top
-Basic Trauma kit (minus O2)
-K&N FIPK 2
-Flow Master Exhaust
-1/2 locked

Hopefully coming soon:
-???

Thank you to everyone that has helped me, and the site!

Attachments

• g-mtn2.jpg
    g-mtn2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,439
  • Stuck1.jpg
    Stuck1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 814
  • DSC00549.JPG
    DSC00549.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 800
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 727

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeh bling bling with those shocks but is it sitting any taller?:p::scratch:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

For the last a week I've been spraying every kind of penetrating liquid I could get my hands on, with no luck unseizing the lower bolts. So today I finally broke down and cut them off so I could get the rears on and call it good.

Attachments

• 5100-6.jpg
    5100-6.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 397
  • 5100-5.jpg
    5100-5.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 5100-4.jpg
    5100-4.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 406

...:eek:...them's purdy...:D

So now you em installed when's the lite trail run gonna be to break em in?

I been wanting to hit the trails again for awhile now, but with work I haven't been able to plan on having any days off. On the plus side I ran it through some light whoops this morning on the way to work and it didn't bottom out once at 30mph...:D

Silly me, I forgot my camera at home so I wasn't able to get any good action shots from T-Haven...

Anyways here it is with the new 34x10.5 LTB tires, and ARB/Old Man Emu 1.5" lift springs. Both of which worked very well on this last trip.

Attachments

• X '08.1.jpg
    X '08.1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 420

nice x u got there

Nice! How do they fit on the front with just the TT? I imagine losing 2" in width helps to fit the extra height. How'd they do this weekend?

They did great, I only dropped them down to 20 psi and they walked up/down/over everything I was willing to try with a near stock truck. I had to lose some of the fender in order to be able to turn and still stuff them, although they do still rub a little. I never would have thought that an extra 1" of ground clearance would've made it feel so different.

The only problem that I can foresee is that they're made of a soft compound rubber, so I'm not expecting them to last for very long on a daily driver that averages near 30k a year.

I didnt even get that out of my radial tsl. Not sure if there near in compound but i think i only got around 15 - 20k

Thanks for the heads up Burns.

As long as they last thru this winter's wheeling trips I'll be happy. Although I guess that I should just start saving up some extra pennies just in case.

This YEAR?!?! Like the next 3-4 months? Wow, for your sake i hope they last through the winter season too. Well in any case, they look great and give a whole new look to your truck. Maybe in the long run it'd be more cost effective to get a street tire (and snow, because of your location) and save these for wheeling?

I've already been thinking about putting a nice 32" a/t on my stock wheels for the day to day drive...

...but it won't look anywhere near as mean.

Dam#!! That is sweet!

As for the tires, get a second set... and switch off every 3 months.

Just keep a good rotation and if your front end ever gets out dont wait. Fix it then and there. If they get into a bad wear pattern its over. Mine wore just a bit like a slant and after that i fixed the problem. Guess what they kept wearing that way. The new set does not wear that way.

You just have to keep a eye on them and keep the pressure right.

just noting...

when i rolled into the truckhaven camp i thought "dang that thing looks way bigger"

i like it, and it looked like it did well

...:shifty_ey...Did some one say winter trips???

...I'm already keeping an eye out for blizzard warnings...:biggthump

Damn looking good there guess you were busier than i thought :D

Thanks again for the compliments guys.

It can be hard at times being one of the smallest trucks, and yet still try to keep up. One of these days I'll be able to afford to rip apart my truck and turn it into something a little more worthy!!!

On a side note, we were able to get a local towing yard to donate a vehicle so we could do some auto extrication training today. After in showed up and we got it off the trailer, someone thought they'd be funny and dared me to try and crawl up on it. I know it's not much, but I thought it did alright for stock IFS. Either way at the end everybody had a smile on their face. :)

Attachments

• XvsCar.jpg
    XvsCar.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 333

The 34s on 17" rims look really good! And when did you get a pre-98 front bumper?

Back