New brakes

86EXPLORER86

Reaction score
City, State
SANTA CLARITA CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
FAST 2004 XLT 4.0 STRIPED
does any one know of a good brake pad to get for my 04 explorer

also looking for stk tail lights any one with them please pm me id like to buy them

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the napa safety stop ceramics on my '98 and they seem to do the job pretty good.

Been using Autozones Duralast Cmax pads for the last couple of months and they're the best I've used yet. Super quiet, really low dust and they stop like a dream. They also include new slippers which is really nice.

I got drilled rotors and ceramic pads off ebay... I was actually very impressed with the quality. After over a year I can for sure say they were a great purchase. I get compliments on the look all the time and have zero warping to date.
IMG_2743.jpg

I got drilled rotors and ceramic pads off ebay... I was actually very impressed with the quality. After over a year I can for sure say they were a great purchase. I get compliments on the look all the time and have zero warping to date.
IMG_2743.jpg

DOPE thanks for the heads up

any one with some tail lights for a 04 explorer for sale

IMG_2743.jpg

DOPE thanks for the heads up

anyone with some tail lights for a 04 explorer for sale

IMG_2743.jpg

Haha, that's awesome, i have the same tires on my 04 mounty.

Those tires wore my stock brake pads down FAST....only got 35k on the clock.

Im thinking about going with Hawk LTS pads.....due to a current financial situation i wont be able to get the slotted rotors....so im just going to get the stock ones turned.

I put the Hawk LTS on my 05X and Im not real happy with them. The stop great but alot of dust and noise. I have about 5000 miles on them and I am thinking of trashing them. They are bad enough the wife evan noticed. (and yes new disk all the way around)

I'm using Advanced Auto's wearever golds up front and wearever silvers in the back. Great stopping power, low noise on the golds, very low dust.

i always worried about ebay rotors. i hate the idea of skimping on something that helps keep my family and i safe. i love the price tho maybe i'll give them a try. Kovalchuk do you remember what seller you got them from?

i always worried about ebay rotors. i hate the idea of skimping on something that helps keep my family and i safe. i love the price tho maybe i'll give them a try. Kovalchuk do you remember what seller you got them from?

I just checked it out for you... the seller's name was "ETOP Line"

IMG_2743.jpg

HAHAHA! Another lime green fan!

ok found the etopline guy. i'm taking a look at there brakes i think i might give them a try

Been using Autozones Duralast Cmax pads for the last couple of months and they're the best I've used yet. Super quiet, really low dust and they stop like a dream. They also include new slippers which is really nice.

x2... quite, very low brake dust, and stops better than what was on it when I bought it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have Hawk pads too, i cant remember the name, but they are the Racing pads, not the heavy duty pads.

I havent really noticed much....kinda pissed at first.

But I got my stock rotors turned and forgot to bleed my brakes, so who knows....

They seem to stop REALLY good some days, then they stop like crap the next day......

Don't have any noise or dust though.

Back