Pics of the new guy's X | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of the new guy's X

I used to have a killer stereo, I plan on putting a brush guard up front with light and maybe going back with a small stereo. I went way over the top with the last one.

what was the last one like?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had it on the 1st page, 4 15's 4000 watts and 8 mids/highs on 800 watts

oh my bad... i saw that too but i guess i forgot about it

Got the brush guard on, but I'm still waiting on RB spacers

100_0648.jpg

That's a good looking X! Looks like my 02 Eddie Bauer. I've been thinking about getting a brush guard or bull bar for mine. I'd like to put some lights on it too. We have to have a front plate here in Alaska though. Here's mine.

IMGP2296.jpg

nice x u got there keep up good work

Really clean looking ride...

Are you looking to go any larger on tires once you get your RB spacers in? I'm also waiting on my spacers from Ben, should be here this week :thumbsup:

I got those tires right before I found out about the RB spacers so I'll have to wait till these are wore out and I'll get rims and bigger tires.

Nice looking X man....I'd probably upgrade the Auburn tag to a BAMA one though:D

I got those tires right before I found out about the RB spacers so I'll have to wait till these are wore out and I'll get rims and bigger tires.

40k miles....you'll get tired of the "small looking wheels and tires" after about a week of driving :D Start saving now!

P.S. You don't need different rims for bigger tires, there are people using large/wide tires on the stock rims with absolutely no issues. And if you wanted to push them out a little, you could always put some spacers on for that....either way, still cheaper than doing new wheels...unless you just wanted a whole new look :)

At any rate, looking forward to new pics when the spacers get on...but my bet is you will want some larger tires to fill up the space you will be creating.

40k miles....you'll get tired of the "small looking wheels and tires" after about a week of driving :D Start saving now!

P.S. You don't need different rims for bigger tires, there are people using large/wide tires on the stock rims with absolutely no issues. And if you wanted to push them out a little, you could always put some spacers on for that....either way, still cheaper than doing new wheels...unless you just wanted a whole new look :)

At any rate, looking forward to new pics when the spacers get on...but my bet is you will want some larger tires to fill up the space you will be creating.

I have the 265/70/16's now, but what is the widest tire in inches you can put on a stock 16x7 rim. I have been thinking about doing black wheels and blacking out all the emblemsa and logos. I'll also be doing a black tail light grill and rear bumper guard

4 15's !!! holy wow batman !!!

i really like where your headed with your X...

good starter HP/TQ mods...

i like the small system idea, for just that little bit of bump...

A/T's with a future small lift...

brush gaurd for the off roading experience...

i applaud you sir :thumbsup:

I had to get the weight of the big system out. I t wass killing me and the truck. Parts started rattling loose. The roof A/C controlls popped out anf d the mileage sucked. I like the way I have it set up now and I have room for my stuff again

i hear you there...

i have 2 12's in my X with a box thats about...

30'' wide x 20'' tall x 16'' deep rough guess...

and i have plenty of room to put stuff in the back, but i also have the option of being able to remove the subs if needed... which is really nice...

i hear you there...

i have 2 12's in my X with a box thats about...

30'' wide x 20'' tall x 16'' deep rough guess...

and i have plenty of room to put stuff in the back, but i also have the option of being able to remove the subs if needed... which is really nice...

My box went from the seat backs to the hatch and the full width of the truck. It came up about to the middle of the glass. It was a ported box tuned for maximum SPL. I had all my pictures on photobucket but it got hacked and noting was left. I hoped I still had pictures on smd.com but it is all photobucket error thumbnails.

I have the 265/70/16's now, but what is the widest tire in inches you can put on a stock 16x7 rim. I have been thinking about doing black wheels and blacking out all the emblemsa and logos. I'll also be doing a black tail light grill and rear bumper guard

285/75/16's have been done on more than 1 vehicle floating around here on the stock wheels. It's not so much the width as it is the diameter...when you're talking about the "look" from the side on a lifted truck, in how much empty space is in the wheel well. 265/70's are ok...just put the lift on first, see what you think. 2" isn't going crazy high so it might look ok, a bit more aggressive than stock! My Ex came with 235/70/16's stock, I guess the limited's and EB's come with the larger tires.

Back