My Explorer (little dif than most on here) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer (little dif than most on here)

Nice tub job. I have been wanting to do that to mine since the tires rub and keep the axle from twisting any farther.

Great looking Explorer you've got there:burnout:

Thank you. Its a job thats for sure. We cut out some of the door area and had to replate it in. To decrease the noise I spray expandable foam into the body and sealed it all up. Made a huge difference. I got the tub kit from summit for like 75 bucks. Not bad. Material is kinda thin for my liking but made it easier.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea that is a badass looking truck
just curious where you bought your fenders from and how much?
thanks

yea that is a badass looking truck
just curious where you bought your fenders from and how much?
thanks

Botht he front and the rear are Fiberwerx fenders. Fronts are 6 in and the rears are the 10 inch panels. There are only a few sets of the rear 10 inch fenders out there. You have to have a fullsize axle with a track width of at least 80" or more in the rear to come close to filling it out.

Although I got new front fenders and they are from Baker motorsports. They are a 7 in fender and are way better looking.

IMG_4931.jpg

nice looking truck!

Baker Motorsports???????????????????????????????????????

Say it aint so!!! Thought he was long out of the truck world and back into sand rails after screwing over CEOranger BADLY

Super nice ex, so jealous

Baker Motorsports???????????????????????????????????????

Say it aint so!!! Thought he was long out of the truck world and back into sand rails after screwing over CEOranger BADLY

Super nice ex, so jealous

they still do stuff even after f'ing Jason over I guess. I called him up and asked for his fenders

for thosewho say its different they just dont know how fun it is to prerun in the desert. kudos man im out in el centro and got out to superstition. thats what i plan on doing to my 96 xplorer

How much cutting for the rear fenders have you done?

How much cutting for the rear fenders have you done?

we cut the entire wheel wells out and fit a 38 " DIA wheel tub in place and raised it 5 inches for increased compression travel.

For the rear fenders it took quite a bit of trimming

we cut the entire wheel wells out and fit a 38 " DIA wheel tub in place and raised it 5 inches for increased compression travel.

For the rear fenders it took quite a bit of trimming

Do you happen to have any pics during the build this is quite interesting
Thanks

Do you happen to have any pics during the build this is quite interesting
Thanks

All I have is a couple pics of after the tubs were tacked in place. I didnt take any pics as we were working unfortunately.

Here is all I have

0814091446.jpg

0814091447.jpg

P9070156-1.jpg

P9070159-1.jpg

hey dan is the rear glass one piece??? i cant tell off the pics.

No, its 2 pieces per side. One for the rear door on each adn then the body piece.

ok thanks. just wanted to make sure before i actually bought it lol.

Just make sure you have a wide rear end. It has to be at least 80" rear track width ti come close to filling it.

I am not a fan of the dully wheel fender but everythign else is great.

Just make sure you have a wide rear end. It has to be at least 80" rear track width ti come close to filling it.

econoline 9" should put it at around 80" which is around what i want.

I am not a fan of the dully wheel fender but everythign else is great.

dually wheel...well not everyone digs it, which is fine by me. Its the only way to run a wide rear axle and not look like a hacked up Jeep guy (no offense). I think it looks so much better and more agressive then just a straight body. Ive never heard anyone say they didnt like the look, haha...always a first for everything.

And cool deal on the Econoline housing. Good luck with that. Youshouldnt have a problem being a 96...Im pretty sure the VSS on the stock housing is the ABS tone ring sensor. I chose to 8.8 out of the f-1 cause I got it from free and it bolted right in minus spring pearches and all the work I did to adapt it to 5 on 4.5

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dually wheel...well not everyone digs it, which is fine by me. Its the only way to run a wide rear axle and not look like a hacked up Jeep guy (no offense). I think it looks so much better and more agressive then just a straight body. Ive never heard anyone say they didnt like the look, haha...always a first for everything.

And cool deal on the Econoline housing. Good luck with that. Youshouldnt have a problem being a 96...Im pretty sure the VSS on the stock housing is the ABS tone ring sensor. I chose to 8.8 out of the f-1 cause I got it from free and it bolted right in minus spring pearches and all the work I did to adapt it to 5 on 4.5

Yeah my VSS is in the trans still so no worried with the ABS sensor since my whole system is disabled.

The Baker fenders and the big fiberwerx glass look awesome together IMO.

Back