Finally Sold My Explorer...Time for a New One | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Sold My Explorer...Time for a New One

PrerunnerManiac

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 AWD 5.0 Mountaineer
33672470003_large.jpg

Here is what is looked like when we first finished it, was built for my Wife. Now it went to believe it or not a 15 year old girl, she got it for Xmas.

That one was a V6 with a 5 speed, now looking at building a V8 version with Fiberwerx front fenders and rear bedsides, Dixon Bros Racing LT kit, Sway Away coil-overs and bumps up front and a catilever system with Deavers and bypass shocks.

I like how danwaters used drag tubs to get more room our back...might have to try that. I'm just a little concerned how thin that steel is...might have to spray on some bedliner or something.

I shoot off road races and currently use my Ranger while out filming, but there is just no room, so the Explorer will be the perfect dezert media vehicle...hahaha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I shoot off road races and currently use my Ranger while out filming, but there is just no room, so the Explorer will be the perfect dezert media vehicle...hahaha

Photography is the reason I got started with Explorers in the first place.:thumbsup:
http://www.explorer4x4.com/tech.html

Sadly if I were to buy a new vehicle with the same criteria, the new Explorers wouldn't even be on my radar.

Looking forward to seeing your next creation:chug:

Photography is the reason I got started with Explorers in the first place.:thumbsup:
http://www.explorer4x4.com/tech.html

Sadly if I were to buy a new vehicle with the same criteria, the new Explorers wouldn't even be on my radar.

Looking forward to seeing your next creation:chug:

Thanks headed to Phoenix Thursday to pick up a 99 V8 AWD Mountaineer. I can't wait!!!

This may be the only time in my life I say this but.... I am extremely jealous of a 15 year old girl right now lol

This may be the only time in my life I say this but.... I am extremely jealous of a 15 year old girl right now lol

Ya I found her on Instagram, someone tagged her and she seems like she will take good care of it.

Thats always a big worry when I sell any vehicle of mine. Specially one Ive got a decent amount of work into

..There are those of us who would like to also see your Ranger..:D

..We have a Ranger sub forum here where it could have it's own registry where us Ranger nuts can view it too..

..I use my Explorer to cover races as a Media Vehicle too..Perhaps we've run into each other?

my ranger? its nothing special. Built to look like it rolled right off the factory line that way. just with alcoas, leather seats, full center console, 5.0, 4406 swap....blah blah blah

That is one hell of an explorer. never seen it before. Beautiful work. Wow.

Are you for hire? :D

Back